Chapter 4 - and strong guilt ✔

««««Nonso»»»»»

'She's beautiful' I said to myself 'I like her name it's unique'.

This day kicked off to a great start. She made my day with her smiles and small talks, I didn't want it to end but that wasn't a decision I had under control.

"Before I entered this bathroom you were smiling, When I finished bathing you were still smiling. Now I'm done dressing and you are still showing me your teeth. Please what's the good news?" Abel asked as he propped his elbow on my reading table and grinned at me.

The boy sef ehhnnn, he just has to disturb me while daydreaming about my sweet sweet girl. Bad bele.

I sat up on the bed and leaned my back against the wall, "Abel why do you have to be so dramatic all the time?" I asked back with a scowl.

"I'm just stating the obvious." He replied as he opened his palms dramatically. I sighed.

Some people just can't change.

Abel is my roommate. He's probably the most carefree guy I've ever met, some people say he's snobbish and most times he acts snobbish too but knowing my roommate I'll say he's just avoiding troubles and gossips by strictly minding his own business but in this room, he's nothing but a pain in the ass.

He sat on my bed and playfully shoved my shoulder, "Guy stop keeping me waiting, my ears are itching."

I sighed loudly, "Let them itch nah, Don't you have fingers to scratch them?" I retorted.

"I swear you are definitely high on something." He joked. I pulled my knees to my chest and faced the wall.
I just want to go back to imagining the various things I can do with and on her face.

"Are you ready to talk?" Abel asked as soon as I touched her hair in my reverie.

"Ohh!! Guy wetin be your own nah?" I grumbled loudly as I gave him a huge scowl.

"If you like squeeze your face from now till next year. It's your business, just tell me the good news." He persisted.

"Well if you must know, I was with Soma today," I said and started smiling again.

Yes, she has that effect on me.

"Ehhnnn... You went to see a girl and you deceived yourself by packing books in your bag like a good child whereas you were busy shooting your shot abi? So that was why you emptied my deodorant container." He said as he rubbed his chin and looked towards the ceiling feigning to be in deep thought, "I should have known." He added.

"I just borrowed it. I didn't finish it nah and besides, I forgot that mine finished yesterday." I defended myself.

"You can twist the whole thing anyhow you like but have in mind that you owe me seven hundred naira cash." He said without even sparing me a glance.

"You are wicked oo. Did I collect any money from you when you clothnapped my brand new boxers?"

"That's because you never asked." He shrugged, "Anyways let's talk about the important stuff please, so which Soma were you with today?" He asked.

I gave him a questioning look, "How many Soma do you know?"

"Wait a minute, don't tell me it's that girl
...that thing." He uttered with furrowed brows.

I scorned at his choice of words, "Yes it's her, and I would appreciate it if you don't refer to her as a thing. This is my prospective girlfriend we are talking about here."