Chapter 12 - Needs and Feels ✔

NAJAENNIE This one is for you. You guys should please check out her books on her profile.
Thanks for your support dear.😘
ENJOY!

«««««Soma»»»»»

I kept on staring at the notification that popped out of nowhere on my phone. It was a new message from the usual unknown number. I haven't received any messages from this unknown person in like 2 weeks, It seems like the person is beginning to back off bit by bit.
But this new message is giving me a rethink.

I began contemplating. Should I or should I not open it?

"Where did you keep it?" Oluchi asked with subdued anger from her side of the room.

She has successfully turned her side of the room upside down all in the name of searching for a textbook she blames me for misplacing.

"I did not take it," I replied and continued the staring contest with my phone.

"Is it a crime to give you something look now I can't find it." She continued.

I frowned and turned my gaze to her, "I returned it to you immediately I was done with it so check well." I explained.

"This is not fair oo. It's not fair oo."

The case at hand is very simple, she just wants me to join her in the search but she doesn't know how to say it.

"Urrrggghhh..." I surrendered as I walked to her side of the room to join in.
Immediately I bent down to search under her bed, the power supply came on.

"Let me charge my phone first." I excused myself and skipped to my corner.

There was a knock on the door and Oluchi went for it.
"Oh my goodness, Are you okay?" I heard her exclaim as I was about plugging in my phone. Next, it was muffled voices.

My curiosity got the best of me and I went out to see who it was.

"Nonso!! What happened?" I exclaimed in shock when I saw him leaning on the door frame. His demeanor was nothing to write home about.
He was looking so sullen with swollen bloodshot eyes and scratches all over his forearm. I tried to mutter something but I couldn't.
I have never seen him this way, the closest to this was at the library last month but it wasn't as bad as this even Oluchi is as confused and shocked as I am.

"Come in please." I managed to say as I opened the door wider. He replied with a very faint smile as he walked deeper and straight to my side of the room.

I watched as he walked with a weak limp. I felt so sorry for him.
"Were you involved in a fight?" I know I shouldn't this kind of question in his state but what will you do if you were in my shoes?.

"Is he sick?" Oluchi asked as I closed the door then she went straight to my bed where he laid and asked "Are you sick?"
He didn't answer.

"He will be fine," I said as I covered him to the neck with my blanket. 'My Nonso will be fine. He will be fine.'

"Do you need anything?" I asked with concern and he shook his head, "Water?" I urged and he nodded with a weak smile.

I smiled back and quickly got him a sachet of water "Here. Just rest well okay." I handed him the water and patted his shoulder. He held my gaze and squeezed my hand a little.

His cute smile has been replaced with sudden sadness. Oh, Nonso! who did this to you?.

I quickly turned to Oluchi who was watching the whole drama, "I thought you were searching for something." I snapped at her for no reason.

"We were searching for something."She shot back and made air quotes.

"Nonso don't get sick, please. Your temperature is high sef." She said as she touched his forehead with the back of her palm.

"I said he will be fine." I pushed her hand away and dragged her to her side of the room. "Let him be," I warned.

"Ahan! What is it? He is not just your friend he is my friend too so I have every right to be worried." She half yelled and crossed her arms against her chest with little fury evident on her face.

"I'm not arguing with you so I don't know why you are shouting like a madwoman." I shot back.

"Ehhnnn... You called me a madwoman?" She queries with wide eyes.

I don't know what got into me... She is just being a caring and considerate friend so why am I reading a different meaning to it.

"That's not what I mean. I'm sorry." I apologized in a low tone.

"You better be! You can eat him up for all I care." She spat in anger as she walked out of the room.

Oh my God! What have I done? What is wrong with me?.

I jerked a little as she slammed the door behind her.

I walked towards my bed and Nonso was already sleeping.
I shook my head and hoped he didn't hear our bickering.

I was distracted by my ringtone. 'Believer by Imagine Dragons.'

"Hello, Somto," I said as I picked up the call.

"Sister, how are you?"

"I'm fine. What is it this time?" I drawled.
I don't want her adding to my frustration.

"It's nothing. I just want to know how my favorite sister is doing." She giggled a little and I smiled.

"I am your only sister," I said.

"Hehehe... So how are you doing? How's school and stuff?".

"School is fine just with little drama but I'm good. What about you? How's home?"

"Home is fine." She replied and there was a silence on the other side of the phone.

"I know there's something you want to say just spit it out."

"I'm good honestly."

"Okay if you say so I have to go now."

"Alright then... Errmm can I ask you just one thing before you go?" She asked in a tiny voice. I knew there was something behind the sudden call.

"I know that you can't just call for pleasantries. Fire on." I urged.

"If your mind is made up on decision and someone you trust is strongly against that decision will you change your mind just for peace to reign?." She asked.

What kind of question is this?

"Where did this come from?" I asked curiously.

"It's just a question."

"And what triggered this question?"

"Are you going to answer me or you are just going to bombard me with questions that I will not answer."

I sighed "Somto listen, I want you to know that I'm always here for you and if there's anything you need I'm always ready to help so be free to tell me your problems." I tried to cajole her but she didn't reply.

"Are you still there?". I asked.

"Yes, I am. I have to hang up now." She said.

"But I haven't..." She hung up on me, she didn't even allow me to talk.

I just pray she's alright.

I dropped my phone and decided to help Oluchi look for her book. At least to reduce her anger.

###
Who else is suspecting Somto because I am?

What happened to our dear Nonso😭

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment and share and recommended 😂😂
Till next time lovelies 💖

Stay happy always.