Chapter 29 - Me and her

«««««Soma»»»»»

Today is one of the worse days of my life. I haven't even left my bed yet I can feel the bad vibes radiating from different corners of my room.
I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

My red and black braids were falling all over my face as I got up from the bed. I glanced at Oluchi's corner and she was still sleeping soundly. I hissed and packed my braids in a ponytail with an elastic band.

I've been ignoring her since yesterday because everything she seems to talk about is Nonso and if I haven't left the house yesterday due to her incessant disturbances, I wouldn't have meet that witch.

So today, in as much as I'm not in the best mood to be social, I'll try my possible best not to radiate my bad energy to people.

So help me God.

After my regular morning duties, I decided on spending the  rest of the day in the library so I can cover up what I've missed for the past one week and for my exams too.
I packed my bag and important books and set to go.

"Are you awake?" I heard Oluchi ask in a husky voice due to her excessive sleeping.

I hissed loud enough for her to hear, "Nooo! I'm still dreaming." I replied sarcastically and left the room.

I flipped the first page of my Gross Anatomy textbook... The second page... Third page... Then I began using my pen to beat as quietly as possible the rhythms of 'Jowo by Davido'.

The chapter I'm trying to read has proven too hot to handle but I'll keep trying till it finally sinks.

I just have to finish singing this song in my head.

"Hey." I turned to see whose voice it was. It was Him. I turned back to my book thereby snubbing him. "When did you get back?" He asked as he pulled out the vacant chair opposite me and sat.

Who ask this one to sit down?

I slapped my forehead and sighed in frustration, "Leave me alone." I said quietly while avoiding his intense stare.

He propped his elbow on the table and leaned closer to me, "Now how can I possibly do that? I've missed you." He said and I heard something leap in my chest. I wonder what that was.
I ignored him anyways and continued staring at the diagram of the femur in my textbook. I don't want any more drama adding to the dramas already in my life.
He sighed tiredly. "Soma I know you are mad at me but..." I cut in.

"Honestly, I'm in no mood to talk so I'm going to make this short and simple." I dropped my pen and stared into his eyes.

I swear they were hypnotizing.

"I'm not interested in anything this..." I gestured between both of us with my fingers. "...may be, I want to focus on my life and map out plans. I'll appreciate it if you stay away from me and very far away. Thank you." I finished and turned back to my book.

"Can we talk outside?" He whispered.

"No." I deadpanned.

"Soma please." He pleaded in a tiny voice.

I slammed my fist on the table, "Are you deaf?! I said leave me alone." I half yelled, earning stares and shushes from other people who were actually reading. 

He immediately bowed his head and kept mute, "I'm sorry. I'll leave." He said as he stood to leave still bowing his head.

Was I too harsh?

Was I too loud?

Why did I yell at him sef?

Why is my life full of drama like this? Oh lord.