Chapter 11 - Teams of Themes ✔

The beautiful cover above was designed in Nigerians_Hangout cover shop by _Mayowa_. THANK YOU!!

Enjoy!

«««««Soma»»»»»

"Where are we going?" Helen inquired curiously as we traipsed along a street.

"A stroll." I simply replied. Turns out I'm in a good mood today.

I don't know if it's because of the good morning text I received from 'someone' but what I know is that I feel good things are gonna happen to me. So to celebrate this bizarre happiness I'm taking an unplanned stroll with the only person that agreed to go with me. Helen.

"Why are we strolling?" She asked again.

"No reason."

She suddenly stopped and stood with arms akimbo. "Are you okay?" She asked with furrowed brows.

I shrugged "I'm perfectly okay. Let's continue our walk." I urged and we continued walking.

I was reminiscing on the details of this week. It wasn't that bad.
In fact, this week has been great. I was happy that my weird messages problem is been looked into and that Nonso actually cares about me.

Think about it, If he didn't he wouldn't have called Abel. Although I hope he doesn't turn around to bite me in the ass.

"I noticed you've been kinda happy lately. What's happening?"Helen interrupted my thoughts.

"Nothing's happening," I replied.

"Soma, when did you start hiding things from me?" She asked in a low tone.

Okay! Why is this girl is disturbing me like this?.

"If I buy you 3 wraps of eba and a plate of egusi with assorted meats, will you stop troubling my life?" I opted.

She can't reject food especially when it's egusi. It's her weak point.

As expected she grinned at my offer, "Hehehe... Soma my love." She teased and I knew that I have gotten her where I want her.

"Look at you. It's food that will kill you one day." I snickered and we both laughed.

I don't blame her honestly because she has seen free lunch!.

We changed our direction towards an eatery by the roadside. As we were approaching the eatery, Helen dragged me backward by my elbow.

"Hey, I wanted to tell you something." Her expression lightened and she began picking her nails with her teeth.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I won't be around this weekend." She said and avoided my gaze.

"What!!! But you promised to follow me to the saloon." I argued with little anger.

"I know. I'm sorry."

Last weekend she went to see her parents, Throughout this week she barely had my time probably due to school work and this weekend is already out of the question.
I feel like I'm gradually losing my best friend to the world.

"Where are you going?" I crossed my arms against my chest, "Because it's definitely not home." I finished with assurance.

"To see a friend." She replied.