Oats and fish

"Come on, sir," Cody groaned, pushing the plate back to Obi-Wan, "not even one bite?"

"Fine," Obi-Wan grunted, putting down the datapad to take a bite from the fish Cody had placed in front of him. No sooner had he taken the first bite did his eyes widen, and he finished off the rest. 

"Enjoy that, sir?" Cody asked, picking up the plate as the General's ears went pink.

Obi-Wan mumbled something before quickly picking up his datapad again, choosing work over any set answer.

"Remember you've been instructed not to work late and to get a decent amount of sleep, sir," Cody pointed out.

"I will if you do," Obi-Wan smirked.

"I'm done with work for the day, sir. The men have cleaned the largest space to try and make a battalion clone pile," Cody shrugged, before smiling, "the men have invited you; you can turn up after you've finished your work."

Obi-Wan looked up from his work with a small smile. "I'll keep that in mind," he nodded before looking at the pad again.

-----

Wrap met Cody just before they entered the hall. "Did he eat any of the fish?"

"All of it," Cody stated, "he ate all of it. Nothing was left on the plate."

"Every bit of it?"

"He ate it all quicker then he could think," Cody shrugged.

The two walked the rest in comfortable silence before entering the room, seeing the space already flooded with clones and sleeping mats.

"Where's the General?" Waxer asked, approaching the two.

"Working," Cody sighed, "the General ate at least."

"He ate?"

"Every bit of it."

"Really?"

"I thought we were not meant to talk about work here?" Cody questioned.

"You count making sure the General eats as work, sir?" A shiny asked from the pile.

The following yes came from nearly six hundred mouths.

-----

Cody slowly woke from his sleep, spotting midnight flight lights' redness and the warmth of a pile. Movement caught the corner of his eyes, a shape shuffling slightly. Squinting, he could make out the shape of General Kenobi's robes. The man seemed to be hovering, looking over the pile as if he wanted to join but did not have the confidence to try. As his eyes adjusted more, Cody could make out that the man was pulling his cloak tight against his body, hood upon his head - an obvious sign that another cold spell had hit. Trying not to disrupt his sleeping brothers, Cody lifted his arm, creating a space that the Jedi quickly filled.

Obi-Wan quickly shuffled against Cody, the previous coldness fading in the warmth of the pile. Sending out a soothing wave, he felt the few men disrupted fade back into their sleep.

Cody bit his lip to stop himself from smiling as Obi-Wan melted against his side. Drifting back off to sleep, Cody could have sworn he heard soft purrs as the man clung to him.

-----

"Aww."

"When did the General appear?"

"Only the Commander must have known."

"Look at the way the General's clinging to the Commander!"

Cody almost frowned as the voice's of his vod'e dragged him from the depth of sleep. He could feel that there was a body wrapped tightly against his side, a hot breath against his neck. Opening his eyes, Cody saw that, while most were still asleep, a few men were standing off to the side staring at him. Glancing around further, he noticed the fiery hair against him and the brown robes almost on top of his chest.