Purring for health and happiness

Rex laughed as he knocked shoulders with Cody. The man faked a stumble, accidentally knocking over a pot, causing Rex to laugh harder.

"General Kenobi just walked through, carry on," Cody said as a couple of troopers poked their head in at the noise.

"Oh, Fett!" Rex cackled as the troopers disappeared.

"That was your fault," Cody grumbled as he placed it back on the table.

"You blamed General Kenobi!" Rex spluttered through his laugher.

"It is a perfectly normal explanation; after all, that is why the pots have lids," Cody stated, tipping his nose up, "we strive to be as effective as possible, and lidding the pots reduces effectivity. We would not do so without reason."

Rex almost barked out a laugh.

"Careful, you're starting to sound like Wolfie," Cody warned, the corner of his mouth twitching.

"Take that back!" Rex shouted, his laughter stopping as he jumped at Cody, "I am not that filthy mutt!"

Cody snorted as his back hit the floor, "I don't know, you just tackled me like him," Cody pointed out, wrapping his hands around the man as he tried to pull away.

"Let me go then, Codes," Rex sniffed, trying to push away.

"Mmm, don't think I will," Cody stated, digging his nose into Rex's neck. "Been too long," Cody muttered, biting his lip to stop himself from smiling as Rex almost melted into him.

Rex's eyes had only just closed when they snapped back open again, "it's only been five minutes since the last."

"Mmm, too long."

"Sap," Rex laughed, poking his ori'vod in the side, "who are you and what have you done to Kote?"

"Kote's not present. Please leave a message after the beep–."

"Don't you dare-."

"–Beep."

"How are you so insufferable?!" Rex groaned dramatically.

"It's a skill," Cody grinned, pulling back to look into Rex's eyes, "one I've master very well."

Rex groaned, digging his head into Cody's shoulder as the man laughed.

-----

Rex managed to stop himself from yelping as he was knocked to the floor. Looking around, he was that he was hit on top of General Kenobi, who was on top of Cody. "Sir, I-"

"It is no worries, Captain; I do believe it was Waxer's and Boil's fault in any case," Obi-Wan laughed.

Grunting, Cody sighed, "might as well get comfortable, Rex; we will not be going anywhere soon."

"Why?"

"Seems the two Lieutenants decided its time for a pile," Obi-Wan stated, curling up better onto Cody.

"Aww, sir, we know you love it!"

"Think of all that lovely warmth!"

"Men, you've made your point," Cody groaned.

"Then can we make a point, sir?" Tree asked.

"No!" Cody shouted before groaning as the group climbed on top.

"You were not joking when you agree to the 212th was going to be worse than the 501st," Rex commented, shifting to look over at Cody better.

Cody narrowed his eyes, mouth opening to reply when General Kenobi shifted, and the Jedi's head moved to his neck, almost covering his mouth in hair. Snapping his mouth shut again, he resorted to increasing his glare to get the point across.