Not so different, yet so different

Should Cody be surprised at how similar they were?

Yes.

Was he?

No

-----

Obi-Wan's eyes furrowed as his pen started to move away from him. Slowly he stuck out his hand, approaching where the pen was moving before striking quickly and grabbing the pen.

Cody watched as Obi-Wan moved back to his work, placing the pen down as if nothing had happened. It reminded Cody of the Tooka that had attacked Obi-Wan's robes, how he stalked the cylinder then struck like lightning. It almost looked playful the way the Tooka had batted at the threads, but the attack the General did on the cylinder was like a hunter getting their prey.

"Are you alright, Cody, you seem lost in thought?" Obi-Wan asked, looking up at the Marshal Commander.

"I'm fine, sir, just mulling over some things the boys did earlier," Cody stated, looking up at the General.

"Anything interesting?" Obi-Wan asked, putting down his datapad.

"I wish I knew the boys had got hold of baking powder before entering the barracks," Cody stated, his lips twitching at the memory.

Obi-Wan picked up his tea, sipping it before saying with a smile, "do go on."

"My armour still smells like vinegar-" Cody started.

-----

"Tell me that again, Commander," Mace asked.

"A group of Loth Cats attacked us on the latest mission, and the General got bit," Cody stated.

"You got attacked by Tooka's resorting in a Jedi Master getting bit?"

'There went our reputation,' Cody thought as he nodded, "yes, sir."

"Proceed."

"When we got back to the Negotiator, the General collapsed, grabbing at his head as he curled up in pain," Cody stated, "we presume he might have lost control of the Force or lashing out, sir, as none of us could get close until the- -transformations were complete."

"What happened in this transformation?" Plo asked.

"The General turned into a- Tooka?"

"Can we see this- Tooka?"

"Yes, sir," Cody nodded before turning to look towards on of the corners where Waxer and Boil were sitting either side of a small bundle of fur. "General Kenobi, sir?"

A head appeared in the bundle of fur before a whole body appeared. The brown striped white Loth Cat sprung towards Cody, leaping onto the clone's chest.

Cody grunted as he stumbled back slightly, grabbing the cat that settled itself in his arms. Cody watched as the Tooka settled itself before closing its eyes, a light purr carrying around the room.

"How come he quickly calms with you and is a terror with all of us?!" Waxer practically screeched.

"Was Cody the first that approached Obi-Wan calmly after the transformation?" Plo asked.

"He was there before the medics," Boil snorted.

"Tookas can attach themselves to those that serve as a comfort after a trauma; I suppose a transformation would be trauma," Plo stated, "and if Tooka Obi-Wan has any Force sensitivity, then there is a chance that Cody could radiate safety and familiarity."