Shiny! Shiny!

"I got it! I got it!" One of the shinies screamed as they ran into the barracks of the 212th on Coruscant.

"Let's see!" Tree exclaimed as everyone gathered around them.

The shiny almost tore the box as he lifted out the small stylus shape from within. "It has two different colours!" He almost squealed.

"Come on! Show us!"

"We all saved our money for it!"

The shiny huffed before turning on the laser pointer.

"So how do we do this?" Tree asked.

Everyone turned and looked at Tree with wicked grins covering their faces.

-----

Obi-Wan was looking down at his datapad as he walked towards his quarters. A small green light flickered onto the screen. He frowned, turning off the screen, but the dot stayed. Shaking his head, he turned back on the pad and continued his work - ignoring the spot.

Within two steps, the dot was red. His focus zeroed in on the spot. Subconsciously, one hand came up to tap at the light while the other turned the 'pad off. The moment he did so, the dot shot off, dancing in front of him.

Slowly moving forwards, the moment he got his hands around where the dot was, it appeared elsewhere. Obi-Wan's eyes narrowed after he went after the light again, pocketing his 'pad.

Tree and the newly named Laser were happy they had their buckets on to silence their giggles as they continued to pass the laser around each other, using the venting to shine the beam down. There were another one of Laser's squadmates down in security videoing the happenings.

Why they chose shinies, they were not too sure.

Maybe because the General is kinder on the shinies?

Probably, and because they don't want to spoil their 'spotless' record.

But it is fun either way!

"Let the General be on his way, we have our proof," came over all three's helmet comms.

"Yes, sir," they replied, turning off the red dot.

-----

Cody was next to Obi-Wan when the man's body went stiff. He looked over questionably as the General slowly moved forwards, eyes locked on something on the wall. Following his eye line, Cody very nearly had his jaw drop open.

When had the men got a chance to get a laser pointer?

And he was kind of hurt that he wasn't told—he was the one that pointed out that Obi-Wan still had those instincts and reactions.

A low growl grabbed his attention as Obi-Wan all but threw himself at the dot. He kept almost slapping at the wall, trying to catch the light.

Looking up, Cody caught the attention of the shinies in the vents. Removing his bucket, he lifted one eyebrow at them, watching them freeze up.

"A-ha!"

Cody's head flung back; it looked like the General thought he'd caught the red dot.

"Oh, come on!"

It looked like the shinies woke enough to move the laser again.

Turning back to the shinies, Cody caught their attention as the General started to growl in frustration. Holding up a finger to his lip in a silent sign for silence, he turned to face Obi-Wan again. He watched as the dot disappeared. "Sir, we need to go over the most recent reports."