And the secret is broken

Obi-Wan paused when he stepped into the room.

Cody looked around Obi-Wan's shoulder with a frown, seeing that the mess hall was silent with all the vode staring.

Obi-Wan reached out with The Force, trying to see whether something was wrong but only found a bubbling excitement building in all the men. Narrowing his eyes, he continued forwards, collecting his oatmeal, hearing Cody do the same behind him.
He sat on his usual table, watching as Waxer, Boil, Wooley, Wrap, and the whole of Tooka squad rushed over to him.

Cody frowned as everyone rushed to fit. Sitting on top of each other, trying to be close to them. "Did Tree break another vent?"

"Hey!"

"That's hey, sir, to you," Cody stated, taking a drink of his caff to hide his smirk.

He just crossed his arms. "No, I didn't, sir," Tree said, stressing out the sir.

Cody raised his eyebrow.

"It is only mildly dented," Tree huffed.

Obi-Wan chuckled at the interaction before starting to eat.

"So when were you going to tell us the other meaning for 'ika?"

Cody swallowed his caff wrong.
Obi-Wan choked on his oatmeal.

"Sirs?"

Obi-Wan was the first that managed to get themselves back under control. "We're fine."

"So, when were you going to tell us?" Book asked.

"I didn't see that it was relevant," Cody stated.

"Surely it is," Tree stated.

"The Tooka mindset does not have the thinking capabilities of a human mindset," Obi-Wan explained, "things are a lot more literal for them."

"Hence why the nicknames were all based on appearance or behaviour," Cody furthered.

"I guess that makes sense," Boil frowned, rubbing his chin.

Waxer also frowned; it seemed too convenient, this explanation.

-----

"Oh, thank the kriff they were ok with that explanation," Cody sighed.

"I did think that they might not take that as an answer," Obi-Wan sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"I don't think they all believed it," Cody pointed out, "I believe that Waxer thinks that it wasn't true."

"Then we got our work cut out for us because they'll look into anything we do," Obi-Wan sighed.

"Like talking where there is no camera or microphone?" Cody pointed out, crossing his arms.

Obi-Wan just sighed.

378