Look out for each other

A/n: this one short as i have a lot of homework, sorry :(

-

"Y/n, I must go on a mission."
"Why? Do you absolutely have to?"
"Yes, my dear. Go back to sleep and I'll be back before lunch, you have my word."
"Mhm, you sound like Thor. I think he's rubbing off on you a little."

"I have never been insulted like that in my life." His soft laugh accompanied his words.
"Oh yes, it must be truly horrible to be compared to your own brother."
"It is. I need to go now."
"Ok, be safe and be back before lunch. I miss you already."
"I miss you too. I'll see you later." He planted a soft kiss on your temple and left.

You went back to sleep, thinking sweet thoughts of Loki.
-

When you woke up you made yourself some tea and grabbed an orange, before heading to Loki's room to read. It was almost lunch and you started getting a little worried.
What if he's dead. Or worse, just got up and left you.
He's probably fine.
I doubt it.

You had a stabbing pain in your stomach, which made you throw up violently, the acid burning your throat. You flushed the toilet, letting all the vomit sink away.
Something wasn't right and it wasn't with you.
Something happened with Loki.

"Y/n, where are you?" Clint's voice called after you with worry in his voice. He was on the mission with Loki, this only made your stomach churn painfully again.
You stood up and followed Clint's voice before bumping into him.
"Clint, Clint. Is it about Loki?"

"Yeah, you need to come with me right now." He tugged at your arm, motioning for you to follow.
You followed him to the roof to see Loki being carried out of the Quinjet with burns covering half his neck.
"Get him to the medical wing." Clint told the people carrying him.
"No, he doesn't like it there. Take him to his room and get me some medical supplies. I'll do it myself." You said stroking the side of his face.

"Y/n, I don't think thats a good idea."
"Do what I say. I know what I'm doing."
As they carried Loki to his room, you went to the medical wing to grab dressing, burn cream and a numbing injection.

You ran to Loki's room to find him groaning in pain.
"Loki, focus on me okay."
"Mhm."
"Okay. You're going to be okay. This will pinch." You angled the needle into his arm and pushed the numbing fluid into his blood stream.

You focused your energy into healing his wounds. Some of the smaller cuts healed but you couldn't do anymore without passing out. Hopefully the pain will subside soon, you concentrated on treating his burn. You sat him up and had him lean on your shoulder while you took of his shirt. You saw that the burn started at his jaw and spread to his ribs.
You took a deep breath and laid him back down.

"I''l be right back, okay."
"No."
"Loki, I promise. I wont take longer than a minute."

You squeezed his hand and headed for the bathroom. You ran a rag under freezing cold water and brought back to Loki.
"See, I'm back."
He nodded slowly.
You dabbed at the burns with the rag, steam radiated off his body as the cold rag met the warmth of his skin. He hissed in pain, shutting his eyes tight.

"Okay, it will stop hurting soon okay. The serum is still doing it job." You continued dabbing at his skin, trying to wipe off any dirt and sweat that accumulated from the fight.
"Loki, tell me what happened."
"They knew."

"Knew what."
"What I am. That's why they burned me. They knew what would happen."
"Ssshhh, its okay. You're okay."
You took out the burn cream and applied a thick layer to his raw, smouldering flesh.
You bandaged the dressing around his shoulder and neck.

"I'm sorry I missed lunch."
"Its okay." You laughed. You placed a kiss on his temple before wiping away the blood on his torso and and dressing his wounds. You summoned your crystal dagger and cut the bottom part of his trouser leg off, seeing the gaping hole in his calf.

"Oh shit. What did you get yourself into?"
You summoned a medical sowing kit and began to stitch his leg back up. The needle just about punctured his skin at the right angle, to get neat, stitches. You ran your finger along the stitch, feeling the bumps of the thread. His skin was bright red and swelling fast, the bruises on his torso highlighted how many hits he had taken.
"Am I still pretty." He pouted slightly.
"Undoubtedly so." You smiled and applied a salve onto his leg to reduce the swelling.

You adjusted his head so that he was laying on your lap. You grabbed your laptop and the Bluetooth projector and put on a film, aiming the projector at the ceiling. You ran your fingers through his hair, playing with it slightly. He hummed slightly and drifted off to sleep.