Chapter One

Chapter One

July 31, 2019.

'Dear diary,' Efe wrote in the book on her lap. 'I haven't taken most of my drugs for two days in a row. I still take the one that helps with the nightmares and headaches though. I know it is stupid but sha I want to know what happens when I don't take the rest.
They said I will feel excruciating pain in my legs and I might even die from the pain but I have no idea if that is true.
I'm living my life here in this stupid hospital on repeat, day after day, believing what my mommy and the doctors tell me about myself.
You'd think that upon all the money we have that they would at least buy me a TV and a PS 3 to keep me busy.

Anyways, they said I had an accident when I was fifteen, I woke up in the hospital with a lot of pain in my legs.They gave me some medicine and the pain calmed down. I missed my medicine one day because a nurse forgot to give it to me while she was gossiping with her friend in the toilet. Long story short, I almost died that day. I've never missed taking another drug since that day until two days ago when I over heard a suspicious conversation between my mom and dr Ngozi. She's been my doctor since I woke up in Godlifestyle Hospital.

I heard something about a cartoon character with my name and a super power and something else about making sure there is always someone around when I take my drugs.
I mean why is mommy suspecting that i am not taking my drugs? No drugs = Painful death and if I did want to commit suicide, I'd drink my liquid soap.
I know it's not the easiest way to go but hey! I have little options here. Mommy is afraid of metals so I'm surrounded by plastic except for the machines and my bed both of which I can't take apart.

I'm getting carried away... Efe focus!
As i was saying, I stopped taking my drugs to see if I would die or if I have super powers. I know it is really extremely stupid of me but still I was planning to drink the liquid soap before I heard them.
Sooooo, if I die I die and if not well we will cross that bridge when and if we get to it.

I'm just hoping I die so I won't have to see that evil nurse Ese that is always serving me cold Eba. God forbid' Efe shivered in disgust.

She closed the leather book and slipped it under her green and brown chicken print wrapper. She adjusted herself, getting ready to sleep, then realized she didn't turn the lights off.
"Ooooo ooooh! What kind of nonsense is this naaa" She semi screamed. "Nurse chika!" She yelled twice before checking her wall clock. 'Wow, after one already? I wonder who is on shift today' she thought for a while 'Chai it's nurse Ese oh! I will off it myself before that idiot will come and seize my phone again. Foolish woman'

Efe got herself into her wheel chair with alot of difficulty, you'd think that after five years she'd be used to it. She switched off the light then rolled over to turn on her bed side lamp.
On getting into the bed, her left toes twitched, but she didn't notice it as she struggled again to adjust herself.
She got into the bed and covered her feet. As she was about to sleep again, something cold touched her feet making her spring up right.

A/N:
Extremely short.
I'm sorry