Chapter Seven

Seven...

"I like your confidence child! I shall kill you quick" He saw no point in talking anymore, he attacked.

He ran straight for her, on getting close, Efe slipped out of the way and slammed her elbow into his back. It hurt him but he wasn't fazed by it. He would endure every hit until she was dead, he would not show weakness. He would not show fear... He could not submit.
Efe turned on her heels to face him again.  Come on. She taunted with her fingers. She wanted to end this as soon as possible yet she wanted to have fun and flex her abilities. She ran at full speed to deliver a hit but he caught her like she was nothing and smashed her to the ground.
'Ouch... Now we're having fun' she wiped her mouth and smirked. She had an idea,  she knelt and flexed her arms. Two daggers extended from her arms, she threw one to test her theory. Lanky raised a hand to catch it but it passed through him slicing him in the process, it embedded itself in his shoulder. He knelt.
'I was right... Since I make the weapons he can't use it against me... No one can'  She thought.

Night was falling 'How long ago did she get here?' she needed to end this quick. No more games. She stood with an arm out. The dagger lanky was trying unsuccessfully to pull out wrenched out but stayed in front of his face.

"Wetin you be?? Why my jazz no dey work for your bodi?" Fear crawled into his face. His courage faltered, overpowered by his cowardice.

Efe noticed other spirits creeping into the room but from the look on Lanky's face, she knew they weren't there for her. He looked around the room franticly.
"Kill me... Don't leave me to them"
Her dagger hovered back toward her. Terror overtook his being.

"No" The dagger shot downward, it tore his laps on command so he couldn't run. He fell on the floor begging and screaming. Efe stepped back, emotionlessly watching the spirits slice and devour him from every corner until the room was silent once again. 'Pathetic' she thought 'After everything wey you do'
The spirits went back to whence they came leaving Efe blood splattered from head to toe. She didn't remove her eyes from the corpse until her normal self returned when it did, Efe bent over to her side to vomit and didn't move or say anything…

…until the stranger tried to back away silently.         
"You know you're not being stealthy" she lifted her now brown eyes to look at him.
He froze again.
"What's your name stranger?" He gulped hard under her gaze. "I want to know who I'm saying Thank you to" she smiled but it didn't do much to soothe him because she looked like The Joker.

"I'm Ayo... Ayomide" He answered firmly. Surprised at his strength.

"Hi Ayo.. I'm Efe... Efemena" She would have shook his hand if hers wasn't covered in blood. "Tell me Ayo," Efe started "Didn't you watch Nollywood home videos when you were growing up? Or is it only american movies? All those Romance and Action 'gbish gbish' movies"

Ayo blinked "Well I had no interest in nigerian movies except for the classy ones from Iroko and others" he didn't understand how someone could go from that to this in less than a minute.

"You should really watch Nollywood movies because you almost died today. You are a fool wanting to play hero" Efe folded her arms.

"Wait are you insulting me or thanking me because I don't get you" he frowned. 'Will she killed me? Do I go or do I stay' Ayo glanced at the window.

"Thank you for distracting them earlier" Efe moved forward again "Now I'm saving your life again... Goan watch Nigerian movies it will help you. You. Are. A. Nigerian! You need to learn a lot of things."
'Look who's talking'
She walked back to Charles' body, tugging his shirt off.

"Mother sees no value in them" he stalked closer to the window.

"If you live with your mother it means you have your own room, right?" She breathed out. Charles was heavy.

"Yeah... So?"
'What does she want with that body?'

"And a laptop? Or an android phone?" She sighed

"Yes but I..."
'Why do i keep answering her?' He battled inwardly.

"You watch those stuff, don't you? You look like the type" she chuckled "Well if you can watch that without your mom finding out then e no go be anytning to watch Nigerian movies. Start with 'living in bondage' then watch any movie that patience ozorkwor acted... That woman is mean as fugde" she finally pulled charles' shirt off "Then you can move on from there..."
Efe took off her torn top and used it to wipe her face... Not too well though. She threw on Charles' shirt and tried to adjust her bloody short.
"Things could have gone very bad for you if I wasn't here today. The world is wicked. There are really ritualists and monsters, people that do anything as long as they get what they want. You shouldn't be naive" She pushed him backward. Anger rising in her, mostly at herself for being fooled.
"I need to get to Benin... Ugh! These fools ruined my clothes" she spoke to herself.
"Where the heck is my phone?" She found it scattered in her pocket. It was a small nokia phone. "Great! Now I need a new phone. Do you have an idea what the time is?"

"No, I don't but I can find out. The football field isn't too far from here" Ayo pointed to where he came from. "We could go find.."
'I guess she won't kill me. Am I getting comfortable?'

"Wowu… That would have been a good idea if I was not covered with blood" She pointed out angrily.

"Hey I'm trying to help! You should not be getting mad at me" He frowned again. 'Ayo Lo akoko rẹ! She will kill you oh'
Translation:
"Ayo take you time! She will kill you oh"

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry" Efe sighed "I'm just running out of time. I have to be somewhere" she sat hopelessly on the floor. "What am I supposed to do now? I can not go out looking like this na" she sniffed. The blood on her was already getting sticky and she smelt of iron.

"I'm staying somewhere not too far from here so we could wait till it gets darker before we head there... If you want to come?" Ayo suggested. 'I think i should at least help her'

"I'll kill you if you try anything"

'I know you will' Ayo thought "Meanwhile..." He sat on the floor with her "You won tell me why you kill this people?"

The strange girl chuckled "Pidgin no sweet for your mouth. Abeg speak english"

"Ouch.. Are you trying to change the subject?" He smiled a little, Efe obviously didn't want to talk about something.

"Yes... Yes I am" she smiled sadly. He caught on to what she was trying to do. 'Maybe he isn't too stupid.'

"You know they say, 'who better to talk to than a stranger...' You can talk to me. I want to know what I walked into" he weirdly patted her sticky shoulder. 'Curiosity will kill me one day'

"Well..." She began

A/N:
I will be posting the Table of Contents in the next chapter. Then I will explain in the details the chapters and sub and also, how I will be updating.

Kisses