Chapter X: A drama scene that should exist.

Efe waking up from her "car accident" like,

Efe: Blinks " Where am I?" Looks around "a hospital??" Turns to the heart monitor then attempts to get out of bed but can't move her legs.
She keeps trying. A doctor walks in.
"Excuse me ma, but what happened to my legs? They don't move again!!" Efe asks

Dr Ngozi: "Oh Efe thank God you're awake" Rushes to her side "We feared you wouldn't wake up soon"

Efe: Obviously confused "My legs?" Her eyelids keep falling down, she struggles to stay awake.

Dr Ngozi: "Efe don't you remember? You were involved in a hit and run accident."

Efe: "So?? I did not hit anybody and run oh" Her words don't make much sense.

Dr Ngozi: "Efe somebody hit you with their car. You will never be able to walk or feel anything from your waist down." She breaks the bad news to the child.

Efe: "W-what??" She stares "But I don't remember anything? How? How did it happen?" Her head pounds!

Dr Ngozi: Rolls her eyes when Efe isn't looking "Passerbys said you suddenly ran into the street, then the oncoming car hit you into the field across the road. Frankly, I'll say you were lucky because you were not injured and you didn't have any internal bleeding". Ngozi lies through her teeth to convince the child, just like she was paid to.

Efe: "What do you mean lucky? I can't walk again! In fact, I don't believe that! Help me out of this bed, I need to see for myself." Efe unplugs the drips and wires connected to her, trying in an unsuccessful attempt to walk out the room.

Dr Ngozi: "Efe you need to stay put! Nurses!!" She yells when Efe falls on the floor, crawling to the door.

Efe: " Move! Legs move!!! WHY WON'T YOU MOVE!!!". She cries, then sits at the door, exhausted.

Dr Ngozi: " Stop crying! Thank the lord that you weren't killed. If you were, you would never see your mother and brother again."

Efe: Raises her head from her hands "Mother and brother? Who are they?" Nothing from her past comes to her head. "I can't remember anyone or anything!"

Dr Ngozi: Smiles "Good!"

Efe: "Ehn?"

Dr Ngozi: Composes herself "I mean it's a good thing you can not remember the accident. It must have been very hurtful."

Efe: "I mean my life. I can't remember anything or anyone from my life" Efe bleeds from her nose and falls into doctor Ngozi's thigh. She sat at the door when Efe did.

Male nurse 1: " Is the noise bleed a bad sign?"

Dr Ngozi: Sighs " I don't think it is. Given what she is, we can never be sure of anything when it comes to her. Take her, we'll run more test then report back to Agu Nwandike."

Male nurse 1: Carries Efe back to her bed then rolls the bed out of the room.

Did you enjoy? Tell me what you think in the comments.