Chapter Twenty Nine

Twenty Nine

Previously:
The water dripping from Efe attracted the sparks causing an immediate and intense shock to run all over her body. The pain brought her to her knees. She roared

      Meanwhile, David fought Okafor relentlessly. The fight wasn't favoring him much due to the thick forehead piece Okafor wore to block David out of his head. David didn't know where Okafor got it but wherever he did, it appeared to be changing the tide of their battle. He tried to get that head piece off Okafor so he could win. David spat blood. Fighting with his natural strength would only get him so far because Okafor was bigger, stronger, a little slower but he could go on for a long while. On the other hand, David was smaller, skinny compared to Okafor, a bit stronger and faster but those attributes wouldn't be the only thing to bring Okafor down. He had to think of something and he had to think of it fast. 

   Okafor had been surgically augmented three times that year on account of him continuously losing to David in the ring. He was made larger, stronger and had his leg bones replaced with titanium. The strength he had now acquired wouldn't exactly be called super, except it wouldn't be called regular too. Okafor could lift and pull, over a long distance, four times his body weight.

    Nevertheless, he was only good in physical combat, not mental ones. Totally giving David all the advantage in that aspect. But now, he was in his zone. David couldn't fight as good as him.

"I see you struggling there" Called Okafor after delivering a kick to David's side. He dodged it in time. It could have been worse than just two broken ribs.

"I'm actually bored not tired" David lied to see if he could make his opponent attack mindlessly. For a stupid person, he sure knows how to defend. David thought. 

"Stop with the jokes and give up now David. I will not let down my guard." He took his sentence word for word."I know that is what you are waiting for" His shoes broke into the earth as he advanced on David. 

'Shit! He saw through my plan.' This isn't going to work this way. David slid smoothly on the grass, immediately he decided to go on with his plan A to deal with Okafor. He just needed a little more time. Efe where are you? 

Agu watched them fight from behind one vehicle while James still hadn't come out of his limo. 

********

"I'd love it if you came closer" Efe laid on the ground covered in beads of sweat and water. The lady who Efe named 'Black Glove', kept drenching her in water then shooting her streaks of lightning. This had only been about ten minutes but it seemed like longer. Black glove kept muttering to herself. She didn't seem right in the head.

"It is time to end this" grinned Black glove, madly. Sparks flew around her in the air darkening the clouds. A peal of lightning shot through the sky.

   Efe clothed herself with a significant amount of aura, then bolted towards Black glove. She didn't expect Efe to move so soon. For the past ten minutes she had been continuously studying Efe, zapping her just enough to watch how she struggled and when she was just about to heal up, Black glove would send a higher volt of electricity her way again. Efe punched Black glove over and over again with a bigger rage fist. She had had enough with the electricity. It was time to catch up with David. Efe raised her fist again, but before she could deliver a final hit. A bolt of lightning struck her side, sending her into a wall. It didn't faze her though and soon, she was right back on her feet. Her aura skin protected her from the blast.

"Now this is getting interesting" Black gloves removed her other glove and threw her broken glasses away, her pupils were naturally orange in color.

"I'm going to love destroying you" Efe lunged.

"Me too" Black glove lunged in that instant.

********

"Beating you up is a divine feeling" Okafor taunted. David knelt far away bloodied and bruised, an eye was swollen and half way closed. He sighed breathing irregularly through his mouth because of his broken nose.

"I give you one more chance. If you can deliver two beta punches. I will make your death painless but if not..." Okafor twitched, his right hand instinctively shot up to his left bicep. Blood? He glared at David. David smiled, waving from where he swatted. "I will end you David and I hope your mother watches because she will reward me for it"

"Eww.." David made a face "FYI, she's not my mom and... I don't need to know about your personal personal life with that lady" He shuddered in disgust.

"That is not what I meant" Okafor held a scowl.

"Hey.. Buddy! No need to make excuses. She's... Okay small. I mean some men like independent bossy women" He laughed with his head turned. Okafor saw an opening,  David's guard was down. He dug his feet in the grass and went for it. Okafor smiled to himself. With the rate at which I'm going he won't be able to dodge my attack. I'll crush him under my feet. He thought. He jumped in the air, attempting to land a fatal kick to David's head. 

.

..

...

....

    A loud sickening CRACK! echoed through the field amidst a lot of dust. Agu, beaded with sweat from the tension,  squinted with a sliver of hope that David could be dead. She would settle for David as an excellent subject to dissect instead. The dust cleared, in addition, her breath hitched in her throat. 

"If I remember correctly..." The cracked hardened earth wall protecting David crumbled, also his smile and hearty laugh were missing. "...I told you to 'Avoid Me' " He grabbed Okafor's hanging leg, frowning at him. Earth lifted up to the place David held, they formed hands like David's. Only a lot bigger.

David withdrew his hands leaving the hardened earth arms. With a thought, the earth arms lifted Okafor and flung him into an empty tanker. Okafor's hands shot to his chest, swallowing gulps of air whilst David hovered over him on a patch of the broken runway. The large earth fists that lingered in the air beside David tightened when okafor spotted them. 

"What is this?" Okafor choked out.

"Isn't it obvious? I was toying with you" David stuck his hands in his pockets.

"But.. I have this on!!" Okafor hit the metal on his head.

"Yeah... You see, that only stops me from taking you into my head. It doesn't stop me from using my powers on you" David leaned down from his height. "Any last words?"

If it were possible to break people's bones with one look, David would have been a sack of broken bones, because of the look Okafor threw at him.

"I'll take that as a 'No' " Huge shadows covered okafor.

"Arrggghhhh!" He yelled, before the fists struck him brutally on repeat. As he was about to deliver a fatal hit, something made an impact with his side with much force that knocked the wind out of him.

****

David...

"David!! I'm coming" Efe released Black gloves face. It was torn to shreds.

"Rage... Wings!" Massive red wings shot out of her back, occupying the space in between her shoulder blades. 

With that, she took off towards the airport.