Chapter Thirteen

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

      "Liliana, Luciano, and I have talked, we think that it's best if you stay with us for a while," Enzo said. It was the first thing that left his mouth this morning.

     "Good morning to you too," I said, with sarcasm lacing my words, "what for? If you don't mind me asking,"

    "We got notified that someone in your father's mafia put a bounty on you," Enzo said clearing his throat.

    "A bounty? Whatever for?" I asked shrieking. 

    "That, we have no clue about, but what we do know is that someone from another family went to the hotel you were at and destroyed the place," he said answering my question.

   "Ok, well why are you just standing there? Let's go," I said, jumping off the bed. I could've left the bed a day ago but Luciano about flipped his lid when he saw me get up. I rolled my eyes at the thought of it.

    "Whatever you say, boss," he muttered as I walked past him.

   "I'm not above drop kicking you, my dearest friend," I said not turning around to look at him. I walked out to what appeared to be a lobby or a massive clearing in the middle of the...oh wherever it is that I am.

    "Luciano is in a meeting, he told me to take you to the house. I will leave you with some company, I'll make sure to introduce you to them so you don't feel uncomfortable. Then I will go to the hotel and grab your things," Enzo said as we got into one of the cars that were in the driveway or parking lot.

    "Ok," I said. I sat there in silence for a minute before bringing my eyebrows together.

     "When you go to the hotel, there should be a backpack on the bed or one of the chairs. Can you make sure that there is money in it?" I asked, turning to face him.

   "Of course, I'll bring everything I find back with me. Is there a certain amount that should be in there?" he asked.

   "I'm not sure, I'll count it if it's there," I said, "it's too big of a number, I wrote it down somewhere in one of my notebooks," he simply nodded and continued to drive to this house I was going to stay in with them.

    "How much is the bounty for?" I asked out of the blue. His attention moved from the road to me and then back to the road.

    "I wanna say forty million," he said turning onto a backroad.

    "Wanna say forty million dollars?" I asked looking at him, "are you afraid of mixing it with four dollars?"

     "Ok then, most definitely forty million," he said. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window to see a gorgeous mansion coming into view. Enzo pulled into the driveway and drove up to the front courtyard.

    "Come on, let's go in," he said unbuckling. I nodded and opened my door meeting Enzo on the stairs. He opened the front door and let me go in first. When you walked in it was breathtaking, most definitely bigger than my house. Enzo dragged me into the living room where two men were sitting on the couch.

    "Ricco, Leon, this is Liliana, she'll be staying with us for a while," Enzo said and dripped leaving me with them.

    "What's up, chic?" Leon said as he looked over at me. I felt more nervous than I thought I would be.

     "Nothing much," I said.

     "You're name is Liliana right?" Ricco asked, confused I nodded considering Enzo just said my name, "are you the Dubois girl that has our Don in the clouds?"

    "What do you mean?" I asked.

    "Are you being serious?" Leon asked, looking at me as if I had three heads, I nodded.

    "Liliana, Luciano," he said before he got cut off by someone clearing their throat from behind me. I turned around to see Luciano standing there with an eyebrow raised.

     "What were you going to say, Mr. Imari?" he asked leaning on the door frame.

     "Nothing, I wasn't going to say anything," Leon said, quickly before sitting back down on the couch. Ricco laughed at him. Luciano motioned for me to follow him, which I did, not trying to get back on his bad side.

     "Would you like a tour?" he asked turning to face me, I smiled gently and nodded.

    "Well this is the kitchen, and through those doors is the dining room," he said walking over and through the kitchen, "we eat in the dining room for every meal that we are here for,"

     "That's nice that you all eat together," I said looking around the room. Candles sat on the table each a safe distance from each other. Luciano continued the tour, saving my room for last.

     "This is where you will be staying, no sure how long because some people who want you are suspicious that you in this area," he said, "but the bathroom is that door and the closet is the other one"

    "Thank you for the tour, you have a lovely home, Luciano," I said walking into the room.

     "You're quite welcome, um I'll have Enzo drop your things off in here, feel free to roam around if you'd like," he said, "and you can call me...Luca...again,"

    "Ok, Luca," I said turning to face him with a smile. He returned it before leaving me to be by myself. I walked around the room, taking in every detail of the room. The whole room was in dark colors, of course, I thought it could use some color but it's not my house.

    I walked into the bathroom and turned on the sink. I looked in the mirror, my face was covered in dirt or it looked like dirt. I cupped some water in my hands and poured it on my face that I held over the sink.

    "Knock knock," I heard from behind me. I turned and saw Enzo with all of my belongings.

   "Here's the backpack, it was on the floor and I didn't look but it sounds like there is money in there," he said handing that to me and putting the rest of my stuff on the bed.

     "Thank you Enzo," I said.

     "Boss said that you should shower and come down for lunch in two hours," he said before leaving.       

I placed the bag on the floor and moved over to my suitcase where my comfortable clothes should be. I opened it and grabbed my old high school tee shirt and a pair of leggings. I walked into the bathroom again and started the shower.