Chapter Twenty-Four

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

     "Ok seriously Luca, where are you taking me?" Lili asked as I took another sharp right turn. I took the long way to get to our destination. I refused to answer causing her to groan once again, I believe this is the fifth time this car ride. I smiled as I saw cars lined up against the wall, groups of people in different areas.

      "Welcome to one of Italy's finest street races," I said as we parked in an empty spot near the front. I got out and walked over to her door, I held my hand out so that she could use it to help her get out. Once she was out, I shut and locked the doors. Placing my arm around her shoulders, we walked over to one of the groups that had one of men in it.

     "Boss, surprised to see you here," Xavier, one of my tech guys, said before turning to Liliana, "Xavier, and you are?"

    "Liliana," she said shaking his hand. He nodded and let go after a good second. Xavier is a respectful man, I have nothing to worry about with him.

     "Trent's here tonight," he said turning to me, I groaned and looked around to see if I could find him before he found me, "he has been boasting that he is the best driver in town,"

     "Funny, I believe I've beat him every time we have raced against each other," I said, pulling Liliana closer to me.

       "Well, you know how Trent is. Always trying to be someone he's not, his gang isn't enough in the top 1,000 in the world. The Snakes are the smallest gang out there, and they don't even know how to fight," Xavier said.

    "What's going on over here?" someone else asked walking over to our group. Surprise surprise it's Trent.

     "Ears burning?" I asked with a smirk. He smiled and looked down at the ground.

    "Maybe, maybe not. Who knows," he said, "you up for a little race?"

     "Another chance to put you back in your place? I wouldn't miss it for the world," I said.

   "Let's make a bet then, if you are so sure that you'll win," he said, he looked over at Liliana causing me to tense up. Maybe coming here was a bad idea.

     "Winner gets to spend a night with this lovely lady here," he said looking Lili up and down. I knew it, this was a bad idea but of course my pride took over.

     "I'd love to spend the night with my girlfriend," I said looking down at Lili, who's cheeks were red. Trent smirked and walked over to his car.

     "You better win," Lili mumbled pushing away from me.

      "When have you known me to lose?" I asked grinning at her.

     "You lost at Just Dance against your brother," she said laughing.

    "That was a one time thing and that is the only time I have lost at Just Dance," I said.

     "I thought you, the big bad Mafia Leader, doesn't play Just Dance and that you just played to prove to me that you could dance better than Enzo," she said, this time she was the one grinning.

     "I have no idea what you are talking about," I said before heading to my car, "Xavier, watch this one. I'll personally make sure you don't reproduce ever,"

     "I'll watch her like a hawk boss," he shouted quickly. I laughed and climbed into my car. I started it and drove up to the starting line. I crawled out the window and sat on the top of the door, Trent mimicked my moves and looked over at me.

     "First one to the Norman Palace and back wins," he said. I nodded and crawled back into the car. I buckled up and watched as one of the many flag girls walked in front of us and raised her flag. As soon as she brought that flag down, I was off.

      In my rearview mirror I could see Trent falling behind. I pressed on the gas harder going a hair faster than I was already going. All of a sudden Trent was right beside me, and then we see red and blue lights. I could tell Trent was trying not to panic, I have nothing to worry about. I own the Italian cops, so of course they can't do nothing to me.

     They started chasing Trent, which helped me in the long run. I took off faster towards the Norman Palace. I rounded the merry-go-round that was in front of it before making my way back towards Liliana. The sound of a gun going off made me look instantly, Trent had his arm out of his car aiming a handgun at my tires.

      "You've got to be kidding me," I growled as he shot my back tire. He past me causing me to flip him the bird. I opened my glove box and grabbed my pistol that I keep just in case I ever need it. I made sure it was loaded and aimed it right at him. Once I had my aim perfectly on him, I pulled the trigger.

     His head hit his stirring wheel causing his car to lose control, I past him and watched as he caused a major crash on the highway. I smiled as I pulled back up to the starting point. I hopped out of my car and walked over to Lili and Xavier.

    "Congrats, boss," he said, I nodded and turned to Liliana, he walked away with that.

    "Thank god you won, I didn't want to spend any time with that man, I feel like I would come home with less brain cells," she said hugging me.

    "You would have lost more than brain cells," I said, "he cheated which caused me to cheat to so,"

     "Yeah, I noticed your tires are a bit flat and the fact that we could hear cars crashing,"  she said looking back at the car, "how do you plan on us getting home now?"

    "I have a spare in the trunk so you go sit in the car and I'll change the tire real quick," I said. She nodded and walked over to the car, climbing in. I walked over next and popped the trunk. I grabbed the tools I would need and started loosening the lug nuts. Once they were loose, I placed the jack under the right spot of the car and lifted the car.

     I wiped my hands as I finished and placed everything back in the trunk and opened my door to see Liliana falling asleep in the passenger seat. I felt a smile make it's way onto my face as I sat in the driver's seat. I started the drive back to the house, happy how the date ended. I just hope she enjoyed it, that's all that I care about.