Chapter Thirty-Nine

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

     The party is in a couple of hours and no one will tell me what it has to do with me, which is starting to annoy me. But I won't let it ruin my mood and everyone else's.

     "Hey we are getting ready to leave, do you wanna ride with Enzo, Cami, and I?" Evan asked walking into Luca's and I's room.

     "Yeah, I guess so," I said, "it's not like Luca is here anyways,"

    "I wonder where he is," Evan said, I shrugged and slid on my flats before following Evan out of the room. Downstairs was everyone, well besides Luciano. 

    "Alright we're ready," Evan said as we made it down the stairs. I followed Camille out of the house, I stayed quiet as everyone around me chatted with each other.

    "Are you alright dear?" Cami asked turning around to look at me.

    "Yeah, do you know where Luca is?" I asked.

    "I think he's meeting us at the boat," she said before getting into the car after Enzo. I nodded and got in after her. The car ride was silent which was nice. The closer we got to the docks, the more nervous I got.

     "Liliana why don't you go up first and see if Luciano is here yet and we'll follow you," Enzo suggested. I nodded and got out of the car first. I walked down the stairs towards the boat before stepping onto the flooring of the boat. I walked up the stairs to the main level where Luciano stood looking over the edge.

    "Don't lean over too far you might fall," I said walking over to him. He turned around and smiled seeing it was me.

    "How are you today, gorgeous?" He asked walking the rest of the way over to me. 

     "I've been good, missing you of course," I said hugging him, "how about you?"

     "Stressed," he said before looking around.

     "Why?" I asked cupping his face in my hands.

     "There's this girl that I've found myself falling in love with," he said staring in my eyes, "I met her a couple of months ago. She ran into me at some restaurant in France and we met again on a ferry"

     "Falling in love?" I asked grinning ear to ear, he nodded before sighing.

     "This girl and I have been through some things, we have had up and downs and yet she's still there with me by my side," he said pulling away from me, "when she was connected to so many IVs and wires that I don't know what they were, I realized that I couldn't live without her in my life,"

      I couldn't say anything. What he was saying is so thoughtful and sweet, it makes me speechless. I watched him as he reached into his pocket and get on one knee. I threw my head back a little bit and grinned as I brought my head back down to look at him.

     "Liliana Roxelle Dubois, I can't see myself in the future without you by my side. I want to grow old with you, have hundreds of babies with you," he said smiling, "I want to be the only one to be able to love you the way you should be loved,"

     "I wanna be your last love, your last everything. So Lili, will you make this Mafia leader the happiest amongst his kind and marry me?"  He asked finally opening the ring box. I nodded ignoring the ring and lunged at him, knocking him to the ground. All around us, I heard cheering and clapping.

     He grabbed my hand and slipped the ring on before pulling me into a kiss. Once we pulled away from each other, we got up and everyone surrounded us.

     "Congratulations!" Evan said running over to us, pulling us into a group hug. I smiled, still not able to find my words. Next was Camille who came up and cried as she hugged us. Everyone congratulated us and wished us the best. Luca informed me that we would be staying on the boat until morning. So we waved to everyone as they left the boat docks.

     Salvatore warned us that he's too young to be an uncle, which made everyone laugh as they walked away. I turned to face Luciano after everyone pulled out of the driveway. But he was nowhere to be found. I walked around, calling out his name until I found him in the lower level of the boat. His arm over his eyes, he looked peaceful well that was until I jumped onto the bed.

      "Hi," I said laying across him, he lifted his head up and smiled.

      "Hey," he said, "you look very beautiful in your dress,"

     "Thank you," I said, feeling a small blush.

      "I think we should get started on the hundreds of babies," he said.

     "Right- AHH," I screamed as he flipped us over making us hit the floor.

    "You are so stupid," I said laughing.

    "That didn't go as planned," he said looking anywhere but me causing me to laugh harder.