Chapter Twenty-Five

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

      "Hey, Liliana, come on," I heard causing me to groan and turn the other way.

     "Come on Lili, wake up so we can go inside," the voice said again.

      "I don't appreciate you waking me up," I grumbled as I opened my eyes to see that Luca was in the driver seat of his car. I looked around to see that we were parked out of the house.

      "I know you don't," he said, I didn't have to look at him to know he was smiling. I opened my door and got out, choosing to ignore his protest about me opening my door. I waited for him to get out before I started walking towards the house. I furrowed my eyebrows as I heard something shatter inside of the house as we got closer to the door.

       I opened the door and walked in with Luca following behind me. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. More than twenty men on the floor groaning in pain. Over in the living room, Salvatore beating another man into a pulp.

     "Sal! Cut it out," Luca shouted as he walked over to Sal who I'm guessing either didn't hear Luca or was just ignoring him. I walked closer to one of the men on the floor, I noticed it was Leon.

      "Leon, are you alright?" I asked kneeling down to him.

     "I'm doing.....fantastic," he grunted out. I winced for him as I noticed all of the bruises forming on his body.

     "I'll be right back," I said as I stood up and went into one of the medical rooms and grabbed some supplies to help with all of them on the floor. I walked back out to the main room. I went to Leon first, I helped him sit up.

     "How did this happen to all of you?" I asked as I started cleaning up his wounds. He whined when it burned which was practically the whole time.

    "Someone called Salvatore and whoever it was triggered him causing him to flip. We tried to calm him down but he would use us as punching bags," he explained, I nodded and finished up on his last cut.

    "He sure did do a number on you all," I mumbled as I moved onto the next person. They winced just as much as the last. By the time I was done, Luciano had managed to calm Salvatore down and to release the poor man who was now dead. I followed Luca and Salvatore to wherever they were heading too.

    "You didn't have to clean their wounds we have a doctor," Luciano said as he turned his head to look at me

   "I know but I wanted to do it, they looked horrible," I said, "by the time that they are done with healing, we'll be out of painkillers,"

    "I don't know what got into Sal head," he said shaking his head as we all walked into a room that was full of random fire arms. So I'm guessing this is Sals room, Sal walked into the bathroom in his room and we stayed in the room portion.

      "Leon said that someone called him and whoever it was said something that Salvatore didn't like. The guys tried calming him down but they just turned into his punching bag," I said telling him what Leon told me. Luciano nodded and he scratched his chin, looking like he was in deep thought. Soon Salvatore walked out of the bathroom and sat on his bed.

     "Who cal- she's dead" Salvatore said cutting Luca off. Luciano tensed up and readjusted himself against the desk that he was leaning on.

    "Maisie?" Luca asked. Sal shook his head and looked down at the ground.

     "Vera, the only woman that was like a mother to me, she was murdered last night. She was the woman that made me believe that I could be loved that I belonged in this world. She's the reason that I'm still here, without her I have no one. Without her, I have no family, I don't have a home, no one I can call my own! She was the one who took me when no one else wanted to raise me!" Sal shouted, standing up from his bed making his way over to the table that was in the middle of the room.

      "Now that she's gone, I don't have a reason to live anymore! I don't want to be here if she isn't here! Everyone I love just ends up leaving me!" He said grabbing a small fire arm and pointed it at his head. I gasped and Luca jerked his body forward.

     "Salvatore, you have me. I'm your family, I've know you for ages, you have your father Vinny," Luca said on edge slowly taking a step towards him.

     "I'm your family, everyone in this house is your family. We love you. I love you as a brother, you know you can stay with me. I wouldn't leave you like they did, like I said those years ago it's me and you side by side," Luciano said.

     "You're just saying that!" he shouted. I felt my heart start racing faster than it was before as Sal put his finger on the trigger.

       "I'm not just saying that Sal," Luca said, "if you take your life, what am I supposed to tell Vinny? What supposed to tell mom, Camille? You know she loves you, how about Enzo?" Salvatore wasn't budging or removing the gun from his head causing Luca to look hurt and sad.

      "If you want to take your life, wait until I'm gone. I don't want to watch my best friend kill himself in front me," he said before looking at me and motioned for the door. We walked out and stood outside for a second before letting out a sigh.

    "You coming to bed?" I asked, he shook his head.

     "I'm going to wait right here for a while," he said. I nodded and kissed his cheek before walking to Lucianos room. That night I fell asleep to the smell of Lucianos cologne and after shave on his sheets.