Chapter Forty-Five

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

        Exactly twelve hours before the wedding. I sent Liliana and everyone who wasn't in on the plan home so we could go over everything. We practiced the many possibilities that we were hoping for.

      "Again," I said. We all got into position and went over it once again.

      "Luciano, we got it. Now we need sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long day for everyone," Dom said looking over at me. I nodded and sighed, we were all sweaty and tired. I walked out of the room and went straight for one of the cars. I sat in my thoughts during the drive to the house, we won't get our first dance and I won't be able to meet my child.

        Once home, I walked up to the our bedroom door. I almost walked in but sighed and walked to the other side of the house where us, men, were sleeping for the night. I grabbed a blanket and made my way to one of the recliners.

      I woke up to feeling many eyes on me, I opened one eye to see Leon, Ricco, and Alex staring at me.

      "Can I help you?" I asked.

      "You need to get ready, everyone else is dressed," they said. I sat up to see Dom, Sal, and Enzo dressed, I looked over at Alex, Leon, and Ricco who were also dressed. I groaned and walked over to one of the closets. I grabbed my tux, I opened the bag and made sure that it was the right one with the right material, bulletproof. I put the suit on and made sure to have everything in the right places. As I was gelling my hair back, mom came into the room.

      "You look so handsome," she said walking over to me, "is there a reason why I have this feeling in my gut that day isn't going to be perfect?"

      "I don't want you to worry momma," I said looking over at her. She shook her head, refusing to meet my eyes.

       "Is today the day I lose you?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

      "I can't answer that," I whispered.

      "If thats the case, let's cancel this wedding. Liliana will understand, you have a child on the way Luciano Keane Langello," she said glaring at me.

      "I know mom, I really do but there's no turning back around. I know what I'm doing," I said, "I'm doing this to protect them and you,"

      "By potentially breaking us?" she asked. I didn't answer, she nodded and fixed the last piece of hair that had fell in my face.

      "Just don't tell Lili, I can't have her knowing about this," I said looking at her. She sighed and nodded before walking away from us.

      "We need to get to the venue and get everyone in position," Enzo said making his way over to me. I nodded and motioned for everyone to head out.