Chapter Seventeen

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

      Luca and I stayed on the bed for the rest of the time on the jet, talking about everything and anything that we could think of. He smiled a whole lot, which I told him he should do more because honestly, it's hot. Of course, I didn't tell him that part because his ego didn't need to be boosted anymore than it is. Now we were in the hotel we will be staying at for a little.

    "When I was in my high school years, I was a bit of a rebel. In front of my parents, I was this fake perfect girl, but in school, I didn't do any of my work. I paid my teachers to give me straight A's so that I could pass," I confessed, "each time my best friend, Annalise, and her brother, Evan, would come over, they had a hard time holding their laughter when I gave fake stories about how my school day was. I was smoking weed and drinking, I stopped senior year,"

      "Hold up, you, Liliana, smoked weed and drank," he said completely amused.

     "It wasn't an everyday thing," I said rolling my eyes, "well the smoking wasn't,"

    "Why'd you quit?" he asked.

     "In one of my classes this guy we called Rat Snitch Ryan The Good Time Ruiner, caught onto what I was doing and told my parents. Of course, I lied and said I never did those things and that Ryan was lying," I said, "they believed me but that's when the hovering started to get worse,"

    "Rat Snitch Ryan The Good Time Ruiner?" Luca asked, cracking up.

"Yeah, some jocks came up with it and it stuck. Plus he's a snitch and ruined my good times," I said crossing my arms as I started laughing too.

     "Ok, I didn't do anything like that, but I used to pull pranks on my teachers. The kind of pranks that you see on tv, like the tack in the chair, gluing the chalk to the board. Or the thing that made it seem like you farted in the chairs," he said, "this one time I did the bucket on top of the door,"

     "Oh please do tell," I said laughing leaning forward.

"So, my friend and I snuck out of our houses around like three in the morning and broke into the school. He brought the supplies and I set it up. Now in the movie we saw them put slime or syrup in the bucket, no no we put paint and conditioner in it." he said, explaining.

     "Why paint and conditioner?" I asked.

     "Well, we thought that if we put those two together that it could dye his hair," he said, I then started to understand, making an O with my face.

     "Now we didn't choose any color that anyone else would choose like hot pink or blue or yellow, we choose Forest Green," he said, "we thought it would be ugly on him, and boy were we right,"

     "We made sure that we got to school when he got there, we followed him from afar so he wouldn't know we were there. When he opened his door everything fell on him, it was most definitely a proud moment. He cussed all the way out of the school. We had a sub that day and when he came back he had dark green hair," he said laughing.

      "Ok I think you win on that one," I said laughing along with him. The more I talked to Luciano, the more I found myself wanting to be around him. I still don't know what it is but there is just something about him. That night we stayed in and ordered takeout that one of Luca's men that are stationed here brought to us. Currently, Luciano is in the shower and I am just sitting here watching tv and talking to Anna on FaceTime.

      "So where are you now?" she asked flipping onto her back.

    "Somewhere," I said, smirking. She rolled her eyes and flipped me the bird.

     "That was not very nice," I said, "I can't tell nor will I tell, you never know who's listening,"

     "You're catching on," I heard Luca shout from the shower.

      "This is an A and B conversation so C you're way out," I shouted back to him. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Anna who was smirking.

     "Is that the famous Luciano?" She asked wiggles her eyebrows. I groaned and nodded.

     "Can I see him?" She asked.

    "He's in the shower right now," I said. She gave me her famous puppy dog eyes causing me to groan again.

      "Fine, whatever," I said getting up. I walked over to the bathroom door, I knocked.

      "Luca are you decent?" I asked, "Anna wants to meet you or at least see you," he opened the door with nothing but a towel around his waist. Oh my, I snapped my attention back to Anna.

    "Umm, here he is," I said barely managing to get it out.

     "Hi, I'm Annalise Bianca, Liliana's best friend," Anna said.

    "Hello, I'm guessing you already know my name, I'm Lilliana's...acquaintance/friend," he said furrowing his eyebrows as he thought about what he was to me. I wish it was more than a friend. I quickly walked away from him and went back to the bed.

     "You're blushing," she stated as soon as I sat back down.

     "Am I really?" I asked, lifting my head from the pillow I had previously thrown my head-on.

     "Hardcore blushing, in fact, you look like a tomato," she said laughing at me.

    "Shut up, so did you and Justin go on the date?" I asked finally changing the subject.

     "Yeah, it didn't go as planned," she said.

     "What? Why not? What happened?" I asked.

      "He bailed on me, I was already on my way to the movie theater and he called and said he couldn't make it. He must think I'm stupid because he said he was sick but I heard some type of party going on in the background," she said, "by the way what happened to you? You were supposed to help me pick out my clothes,"

      "First of all he clearly doesn't deserve you, if he can't ditch a party to spend time with you. And second of all I lost my phone," I said trying to lie or make up an excuse for not calling her. I mean I was in a cell that Tuesday but she doesn't need to know that.

     "Yeah right Liliana Roxelle Dubois lost her phone for an entire week-long," she said rolling her eyes.

     "You're right, you caught me. I never got your calls, I sat beside my phone all week waiting for you to call," I said making this lie believable.

    "I know you're lying but I'll let this one slide," she said narrow in her eyes at me.