Chapter Forty-Two

𝐿 𝐼 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝐴

         I didn't get that much sleep last night, after that nightmare I found it hard to fall back asleep. As soon as I would close my eyes, all I saw was their bodies. So this morning as I was waiting on the doctor, I kept falling asleep in the chair that wasn't that comfortable.

         I jumped at the sound of a knock on the door. I looked up as the doctor walked in. Before saying anything, he poured some germ-x on his hands and shook my hand which I feel like every doctor does.

        "Well Ms Roxelle, it's easy to figure out why you are throwing up. You are pregnant, and I would say you are about a month and two weeks," he said as he looked at his clipboard.

        "I'm sorry, you said pregnant?" I said looking over at him confused. He nodded.

       "You are indeed pregnant, Ms Roxelle," he said, "in about eight weeks when you come back we will find out the gender,"

        "Oh ok, can we keep this between us?" I asked, "I wanna be the one that tells everyone,"

       "Of course, before you go. I would like to do an ultrasound just to get an idea where this baby is," he said nodding to me as he spoke. I nodded and moved over to the bed looking thing before laying down on it. I watched as he put the jelly on my stomach and moved the wand around. I watched the screen and smiled as I saw a little bean on the screen.

      "And there it is, right now your baby is the size of a blueberry," he said wiping off the jelly and I pulled my shirt back down.

       "Can I have like four copies of the ultrasound?" I asked, sitting back up. He nodded and walked out of the room to go get the copies. I'm pregnant, pregnant with Luciano Langello's baby and here I thought I just had the flu. I grinned as I glanced down at my stomach. I looked up as he walked back into the room, handing me the copies. He told me that next time he would like to see me.

        As soon as the little appointment was over, I walked around the house until I found Franco sitting in the kitchen washing his dishes.

        "Franco, I have a question for you," I said as I made myself known to him. He looked up and smiled when he saw me.

        "Of course," he said as he continued to wash the dish.

      "Do you think you can take me to the store?" I asked. He nodded and dried off his hands before grabbed a pair of keys and walking us outside. He opened my door for me which I thanked him for.

       "You seem to be glowing this morning, Liliana," he said as he started the car, "can I ask why?"

     "I have a surprise for everyone," I said smiling.

       "Can I know the surprise?" he asked driving onto the main road.

       "You have to wait for me to tell everyone, I wanna tell them at the same time," I said. He smiled and nodded. We talked as we made our way to the store. He was going to come in with me and stay by me but I couldn't have him seeing what I was buying. Instead I walked in by myself and went straight for the baby clothes. I grabbed a onesie that said grandma's baby, a picture frame that said love at first sight, and a baby bottle. I also grabbed a note card to write a note on it for Luca. I walked to the check out line and waited until my turn. I placed my items on the counter, I watched as the cashier scanned each item. I paid for everything and then grabbed my bag.

       I made my way back to the car and jumped into the passenger side seat. I turned to Franco and told him, I got everything which he nodded to and started the drive back home.

         As we made it home, I rushed up to our room and shut and locked the door before making my way to the bed. I pulled everything out including the ultrasound pictures. I cut one off and stuck it in the picture frame. I grabbed a box that I had kept from one of Luca's many gifts and placed the onesie in their. I placed the bottle in another one. I grabbed a pen and started my note to Luciano. I wrote 'I can't wait to meet you daddy!' and taped a cutout of the ultrasound onto the top side of the card.

      I made my way downstairs and asked if Franco could gather everyone into the living room so I could tell them all the news. I sat in one of the chairs in the living room as I waited for everyone to come into the room. The first one to arrive was Cami and everyone else followed in after her. Leon, Ricco, Dom, Sal, Enzo, Franco, Alex, Evan, and lastly Luciano.

      "Alright I have a gift for Cami, Enzo, and a note and picture for Luca," I said as everyone sat down, "can you all close your eyes?" I made sure Enzo, Cami, and Luca closed their eyes and didn't peak. I handed Cami her box and then Enzo his box, I placed Luca's note in his hand.

      "Ok you all can open your eyes, don't make a big reaction yet," I said as they opened their eyes. I watched as one by one they opened their surprise. Cami almost screamed but she sat down the box and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. The next one to catch on was Luciano who had tears in his eyes, he pulled me away from Camille and held me tightly. I laid my head on his shoulder and cried with him.

       "Oh...oh!...OH!" Enzo shouted, each 'oh' getting louder than the last. He jumped up and pulled both Luca and I into a hug.

      "I can't believe it, I should've guessed it. You have been glowing for a little while now," Cami said wiping her tears. Everyone congratulated us and we had a big dinner that night in celebration of the baby. As we ate, I handed Luciano the picture frame. He smiled as he stared at it. He grabbed my hand and rubbed the back of it as he looked over at me.

      "I've never felt so happy in my life," he said, "thank you,"

      "You're welcome and thank you for making me happy as well," I said smiling back at him.