Chapter Twenty-Six

𝐿 𝑈 𝐶 𝐼 𝐴 𝑁 𝑂

        Last night I stayed on the floor in front of Salvatores room, waiting for the sound of a gun to go off. But it never came, Salvatore had woke me up this morning by walking out of his room and slamming the door shut.

     I stood up and dusted my dirty suit off before heading to my room. I opened the door to see Liliana sprawled across the bed. I lightly smiled and walked to my closet finding another suit before laying it on my dresser. I walked into the bathroom and started my shower. As quietly as possible I showered and got dressed for the day.

      "Luciano?" I heard from the bedroom. I stepped out of the bathroom to see Liliana sitting up on the bed.

     "I'm here," I said, causing her to look up. I watched as her eyes trailed up and down my body.

     "You done checking me out?" I asked teasing her.

    "Shut up," she said throwing herself back onto the pillows, "what's the game plan for today?"

     "Well I have a meeting to go to, then I need to talk with Domenico, Dean, and Alex," I said finishing up my hair.

     "Can I go with?" She asked.

     "I don't see why not, as long as no one touches you we will be just fine," I said walking out and put my shoes on. She nodded and got up. She walked out of my room and into hers.

     When she came back, she was fully clothed. I took this time to study her. Her hair was curlier than usual, her eyes were pigmented.

     "You done checking me out?" She asked in a voice that I suppose is supposed to be mine.

     "I don't sound like that," I said, she rolled her eyes and followed me out of the room. I held her hand as we walked to the conference room that I keep in the house. As I opened the door, every man that was in there stood up. I led Lili over to the seat beside my chair. Lili and I sat down as everyone else was still standing. I looked over at her causing her to look confused.

     "Your the lady of the house, you have to tell them that they can sit down," I said barely above a whisper. She nodded and cleared her throat.

     "You c-can sit down n-now," she said, it was supposed to be a statement but it came out as a question. I nodded as they all sat down.

     "Now let's get to business shall we," I said, "first things first, Costello is still after Liliana. Luckily Jacques dropped the bounty only because no one else was helping find her, unfortunately he's working with Costello to find her,"

     "Why are we helping her? She's just a piece of fine a-" and that's all he got out before I placed a bullet in between his eyes.

     "Anyone else wanna disrespect my girl?" I asked, looking at everyone. No one was phased that I didn't hesitate to shoot, if they were they clearly don't know their Don. Everyone shook their head saying no. I nodded and sat back down, I grabbed Lilianas hand.

     "As I was saying, I need her protected twenty four seven. When I am doing business, I want someone with her at all times," I said, "when Salvatore isn't busy doing anything, he'll be with her. Who here volunteers to be with her when he's busy?" No one raised their hands.

     "Dean, thank you so much for volunteering," I said.

     "Your welcome," he said as he pursed his lips and nodded his head.

     "Now we need a plan to take down Jacques and Costello," I said. One by one they started telling what they thought would work. Don't get me wrong some of them sounded perfect but when you thought hard about it there was just too many flaws. After about an hour, I dismissed everyone and called someone to clean up, I believe it was Marcus. I was about to tell Lili something but my phone started buzzing like crazy.

     "Something wrong?" She asked.

     "Yeah, I have to go to one of the warehouses real quick. I'd take you but this one it's better if you stay here," I said, "Salvatore is here somewhere,  don't leave the house without him if you leave," she nodded. I kissed her cheek and left.