065. Always A Bridesmaid

Part Three / Chapter Sixty-Five

An awfully gleeful Harry and Venus exited the room.

They relished in their alone time after their friends unexpected visitation. Expecting to enter back into the lively party they'd left from, instead they found out that Remus and Tonks had left and the Minister of Magic was standing there in the Weasley's living room. His sunken eyes and wrinkled skin were enhanced by the warm light of the candles in the Burrow. He looked like a zombie.

"Sorry to intrude," said Scrimgeour, as he limped to a halt before the table. "Especially as I can see that I am gate-crashing a party."

His eyes lingered for a moment on the giant Snitch
cake. "Many happy returns." Then his eyes went from Harry to Venus who was stood beside him, her side glued to his. Scrimegour's lip quivered with disgust at the sight of her.

"Thanks," said Harry, shuffling in front of Venus so Scrimegour's evil eye was blocked from her view.

"I require a private word with you," Scrimgeour went on. "Also with Mr. Ronald Weasley and Miss Hermione Granger."

"Us?" said Ron, sounding surprised. "Why us?"

"I shall tell you that when we are somewhere more private," said Scrimgeour. "Is there such a place?' he demanded of Mr. Weasley.

"Yes, of course," said Mr. Weasley, who looked nervous. "The, er, sitting room, why don't you use that?"

"You can lead the way," Scrimgeour said to Ron. "There will be no need for you to accompany us, Arthur."

Everyone shared concerned looks with the trio. Constance stood up from her seat and walked beside Venus, watching as Harry, Hermione and Ron were led out of the living room by Scrimgeour. Harry gave her one last fleeting look before disappearing.

"What was that about?" Constance questioned.

"No clue." Venus replied, keeping her gaze at the empty hallway.

The partying mood had quickly been killed. Mrs. Weasley cleaned up, who had now been forcing her husband to look over wedding decorations and everyone else ( who faked a yawn ) retreated to their bedrooms. Ginny, Constance and Venus settled down in Ginny's bedroom where her and Constance had already fallen asleep. Her best friends not so quiet snores echoing throughout the bedroom. Then, the door cracked open and there stood Harry. His piercing green eyes glowing through the slit. He motioned her to get up, grabbing her hand once she'd reached the doorway and dragging her up to the attic room where Hermione and Ron were already sat.

"What did Scrimegour tell you three?" Venus shuffled into the spot beside Hermione.

"It was more like he gave us something. Dumbledore left each of us something. Ron got some sort of glow stick..." Hermione began explaining.