Chapter 1

19 BBY – 6 months after Order 66.

The glowing red of the lightsaber blade is reflected in his black helmet as he removes it from the limb of his latest victim. The wound was not intended to be life-threatening, but it will generate an unbearable amount of pain within the body of the one he resents.

To anyone witnessing the fire of his wrath, the sight would be enough to fuel their nightmares for decades to come. His violent actions are enough to fuel even his own nightmares.

Darth Vader was only brought into existence six months ago, but that had already been enough time for him to leave his mark on the galaxy. He is feared by all. No one dares to get in his way, and anyone foolish enough to disobey him will suffer the consequences.

He is a symbol of fear and hate, power and control, vengeance and rage.

Anakin Skywalker was the poster boy of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Sidious made sure that his face and that of (Y/N) (Y/L/N) were plastered throughout the galaxy. They were symbols of hope and freedom during a time of uncertainty. It's ironic how much things have changed.

The soul that once belonged to a man filled with courage and dignity had been twisted into a vile machine of rage. He doesn't believe in diplomatic solutions or even aggressive negotiations. His belief is that people have two options; agree with the Empire... or die.

Vader has kept himself distracted since the death of his family. He would keep himself occupied every minute of the day, using his new priorities as a way to forget the misery. Inflicting pain on others in the galaxy was the only way for him to let go of his own anguish.

Sleeping is another story. Every time he closes his eyes, the image of the ship exploding as it left Mustafar haunts his memory. He can imagine (Y/N)'s screams of agony as if he were by her side. That moment is something he will never unsee.

The anger he holds in his cold and damaged heart is focused on acts of unspeakable violence. He channels the hate he has for himself, and that makes him a vessel of unlimited power. He has no remorse for his actions, nor does he fear losing his own life. All he wants to do is create chaos.

It was only a few days ago that the Sith Lord hired a bounty hunter to track down a rather important asset. His Master doesn't know about this personal mission, but Vader knows he would be proud. In his mind, the perfect way to strengthen his power in the dark side is to constantly unleash his hate. No mission will accomplish that more than this one.

Now, the work of the bounty hunter has paid off. In one of the many prison cells in his castle on Mustafar is someone from the past of Anakin Skywalker. Vader killed the weak Jedi Knight, but the dark parts of Anakin's soul still remain to some degree. Those fragments of darkness hat merged into Vader's soul determine many of the decisions he makes, such as the people he targets. Today is another perfect example.

Through the blurring sensation of hate, Vader manages to make out the limp figure of a dirty, beaten Toydarian. The mere sight of the being is enough to make Vader's blood boil with rage and his heart pump with pure adrenaline.

Vader tolerates many questionable operations in the galaxy. He supports bounty hunters as well as the galaxy's dictatorship and welcomes the idea of relentless soldiers. There are two things he will not tolerate; living Jedi and slavers. As far as he knows, few Jedi remain in the galaxy. Most died at his hand following the fall of the Republic. Any that remained have been, or soon will be, slaughtered by either Vader himself or one of his Inquisitors.

Slavers are too commonplace in the galaxy for Vader to ever fully destroy them. Even if he can't get them all, he will certainly take out as many as he can. Those who support the slave trade are the venom poisoning the galaxy, turning it into a lawless, unjust society.