Chapter 19

"Y/N!" Han anxiously greets her. "So great to see you... how are you?"

Disappointment fills her intimidating glare. If looks could kill, Han knows he would be in a life-threatening position.

When she gave him the Millennium Falcon, she hoped it would be a stepping point in his journey toward a better life. It was supposed to transport him away from the villainy of the Empire and allow him to pursue a normal life on a planet with limited Imperial control.

He may have left the Empire, but his presence in this cantina would suggest things did not go as she had planned. 

She folds her arms in front of her chest and furrows her brows, "what are you doing in Mos Eisley?"

"You know, that's an amazing story that I would love to share with you but Chewie and I were just leaving."

Han quickly springs out of his seat and attempts to walk past (Y/N). She puts an arm out in response, blocking the space between her and the wall. Han anxiously glances at Chewbacca, who shares an equally nervous expression.

"Sit down," she demands.

"Yeah, okay," Han says, quickly backtracking and sitting back in the booth.

Chewbacca howls, mocking Han over his predicament. Chewie has not met the famous Jedi who saved Han's life, but he sure has heard all about her. Han told his best pal everything that happened the day they met - how she saved his life and opened his eyes to the truth.

From how Han explained it, Chewie knows he admires her more than anyone else in his life. To see him confronted by her is quite amusing from his point of view.

"Zip it, fuzzball," Han snaps.

(Y/N) sits opposite Han. She leans forward, rests her elbows on the table, and plasters a stern glare across her face.

"I gave you a chance, Han. I gave you a chance to do better, to be better. So can you explain to me why the hell you've become a smuggler?"

"I prefer scoundrel," he corrects her.

(Y/N) glares at Han, a stare that would strike fear in the heart of even the bravest soul. 

"I think the better question is," he leans forward and lowers his voice, trying to be subtle, "what is the potentially most wanted person in the galaxy doing in a cantina full of bounty hunters?"

She ponders whether telling Han the truth is a smart idea. Smugglers, or scoundrels as he likes to say, are not typically the type one can trust. With Han, however, that same rule doesn't apply.

In truth, she barely knows the kid, but she knows he has a good heart. She knows he trusts her with his life and he would always protect her. If there is one person left in this galaxy who she can trust, it is Han Solo.

"I'm seeking urgent passage to Alderaan. It'll be myself, two others, and three droids. Apparently, this cantina is the best place to find a pilot," she explains.

"What's in Alderaan?" He asks, ignoring the question of who the other passengers are.

"Business."

Han raises an eyebrow. He quickly glances around him, taking note of anyone nearby. He leans forward on the table and drops his voice to a whisper.

"Jedi business?"

"Perhaps," she replies.

"You know, you were a lot more honest the last time we met."

(Y/N) leans back in the booth with raised eyebrows. "Those are some big words coming from a smuggler."

Han understands why Y/N would be reluctant to trust him, given his new career choice. Although he is a smuggler who essentially needs to lie for a living, he would never lie to her.