Chapter 16

Love is the strongest form of power in the galaxy.

There are many types of love; Philia, Storge, Philautia, Pragma, Eros, Ludus, Agape, and Mania. Each of these possesses its own, deeply beautiful meanings that define the very essence of tranquility in the galaxy. Love lays the foundations for life's most valuable treasures, as well as the galaxy's darkest reaches of despair.

Each type of love is capable of immense power; power beyond comprehension. It defines how far one would be willing to go to protect the people in their life, and what they would sacrifice to ensure it.

Of the different and varied forms of love, one stands out from them all. This form is the most powerful, and the most long-lasting. A mother's love.

The love a mother has for their child is stronger than anything else. No amount of time or distance will weaken it, and no scenario could make it disappear. It is everlasting; eternal.

(Y/N) has barely spent 24 hours with Luke and Leia during their 19 years of life. Those moments occurred when they were newborn babies, and lasted until they were taken from her. To see her now grown-up son is jarring and difficult to take in.

"I'm sorry," Luke rubs his head, still adjusting to again being conscious, "do I know you?"

(Y/N) bites her inner cheek, hoping it will suppress the emotions threatening to pour from her heart.

She realizes suddenly that she said her son's name aloud. To his knowledge, he has never seen her before, so it would be alarming for a stranger in the desert to know his name without a proper introduction.

"No," she clears her throat, "you mumbled your name while you were semi-conscious."

Her entrancing moment with her son is cut short when a loud, excited squeal can be heard to the right of them. Arthree is sliding down a dune at full speed, eagerly approaching something. As her speed increases, her ability to maintain her balance disappears. She plummets down the remainder of the dune, rolling until she reaches the base.

Arthree uses her thrusters to lift herself off the ground. Once she is stable, she continues onward.

Obi-Wan realizes she is approaching a small cave hidden among the rocks near Luke and (Y/N). Curious, he follows Arthree on the path to her destination.

As they reach the cave, the reason for Arthree's uncontainable excitement becomes clear. Hiding within the shelter is a white and blue R2 unit; one all too familiar to those who knew Anakin Skywalker.

R2-D2 was very important to (Y/N) and held significance to Obi-Wan also. Unfortunately, he is unable to remember anything they experienced together.

After (Y/N) had given birth to Luke and Leia, the memory drives of Anakin's droids were wiped. Bail Organa and Master Yoda both agreed that it was the safest way to protect the Rebellion and the remaining Jedi. Artoo's and Threepio's memories live within Arthree and, when the time is right, she will restore their memory drives.

"Hello there," Obi-Wan says to the scared astromech. "Come here, old friend. Don't be afraid."

Artoo slowly, and cautiously comes out from his hiding place. Arthree beeps at him continuously, too excited to function in her usual ways.

Although he cannot remember the people around him, Artoo feels an inexplicable sense of loyalty to one of them. He bypasses Arthree and Obi-Wan and moves toward the broken woman in leather.

A droid who has come straight off the assembly line will only be capable of fulfilling its core programming. They act, perform, and respond per their factory-programmed database. The longer a droid is online, however, the more they develop memories and experiences. In some cases, these can lead to system faults as a result of their actions contradicting the programming they were given.