Chapter 7

(Y/N) awakens in her quarters of the Millennium Falcon in a fit of panic. The beads of sweat dripping from her forehead pool into the tears streaming down her cheeks. She had a nightmare last night, however, this one felt different to all the others she has endured. It felt real.

In her dream, she was face-to-face with her greatest fear; Darth Vader. This is not exactly uncommon for her, only the occurrences within the dream were far different to what she is used to.

Unlike the other dreams she experiences, this one revealed Vader's inner conflict. In her head, the good man Vader destroyed managed to resurface. In her head, she felt the presence of her soulmate. In her head, things were finally back to normal.

(Y/N)'s concerned droid comes to her side, eager to see if her Master is alright. This is something Arthree does every morning. No matter how many times it happens, she always checks in to make sure (Y/N)'s anxiety is decreasing.

"I'm okay, Arthree," She assures her loyal droid.

Despite wanting to stay asleep for the rest of the night, (Y/N) knows they have another task to complete. Unfortunately for her tired eyes, this is not something that could wait until the hours of daylight. 

She changes out of her old night clothing and places on her armour. As a former Jedi who now acts as a bounty hunter for none other than Hondo Ohnaka, she needs to conceal her identity.

Standard, dark armour would work the best for the types of jobs Hondo assigns her. That does, however, remind her too much of Darth Vader. She has seen footage of the Emperor's right-hand man, and she does not want to see traces of him whenever she looks at herself.

Before leaving Coruscant on the day when she parted ways with Fives, (Y/N) and Arthree left the Falcon in search of weapon traders. These are highly illegal, but it was a necessity at the time. They eventually stumbled upon a trader with exactly what she needed; blasters, grenades, smoke bombs, thermal detectors, electrical charges, you name it.

However, what stood out to her was the dirty, formerly white clone armour in the back. That armour held too much value to her. She couldn't leave it there to be purchased and defiled by some criminal.

She used every Imperial credit to her name to purchase a case of smoke bombs, six blaster variants, and also other tools such as her own grappling hook. The most significant purchase, however, was the clone armour.

Using the workbench on the Millennium Falcon (Y/N) cut the full body armour apart and turned it into something slightly different. Her body shape would not fit into the mould of standard clone armour, which meant she had to improvise.

She modified the armour to create her own chest plate, shin and thigh guards, shoulder guards, and arm gauntlets. These would be worn over the top of a thin layer of clothing whenever she was working. 

With the clone trooper armour successfully fitted, and the helmet ready, (Y/N) decided there was one final touch to add. That was painting pieces of the white armour blue in honour of the 501st. To her, this was a way to honour the friends she had lost, to both the Separatists and the Empire.

When she is fully dressed and ready for the day ahead, she and Arthree exit the Millennium Falcon. The two of them have much to do tonight, and the sooner they get started on their tasks, the sooner they can leave this place.

The streets of Batuu are not what they used to be. Sure, a certain level of villainy always existed on the surface; always lurking in the shadows. The difference now is, those with intentions less than pure are no longer hiding.

One would think the jurisdiction of The Empire would act as a deterrent to criminals and bounty hunters alike. The harsh penalties should be enough to stop crime completely. Unfortunately, it does not. In fact, The Empire supports the Bounty Hunter Guild and its often lack of morale. It claims bounty hunters are an easier way to catch their most wanted, thus making the planet a safer place.