Calix Becomes a Homewrecker

I understood the look on his face. There was no way I'd ever think of my best friend and my brother together. Then, I gaped. "Calix, you dumbass! He has a girlfriend!"

That snapped him out of his daze. Eyes wide, he turned to me, seeing if I was joking. "Seriously?"

I nodded.

He swore softly. "I'm a home wrecker," he whispered before shouting, "I'M A HOMEWRECKER!"

"Shut up," I hissed. "How'd this even happen?"

"We were jumping the shit out of that Owen guy, but then some of his friends pulled up so we left and drove away," he recounted as he twisted my blanket in his hands. "You know how fighting hypes you up on adrenaline and shit? It felt like I was high or something and Corey was looking at me and I was looking at him and then we were stripping and I was railed!"

"You dumbass!" I repeated. "Don't we have a 'no touching family members' rule?"

He nodded. "Yes."

"And who made this rule?"

"Me."

I sighed. "I should sleep with your brother."

He glared at me. "Will you just help me out? What am I going to do? Wait, I have to confess."

I frowned. "To a priest?"

He wrinkled his nose at me. "No, to his girlfriend, dumbass!"

I shrugged. "Well, I don't know his girlfriend well; I can't tell you how she'll react."

He fell back onto the bed. "Fuck!"

We stayed in silence for about two seconds before he rose and turned slowly to stare at me.

"Your face was red,"

Ah shit.

"We came upstairs and you were silent. You're almost never silent."

He stared at me with expectant eyes and I gave in.

"So...me and Seth may have kissed."

I knew the blank stare on his face was him trying to add something up.

He blinked. "You did what?"

Nervous laughter filled the awkward silence. "Yeah, we kinda made out."

He frowned, squinting his eyes at me before they widened. "Holy shit! You have a crush on Seth! You whore!"

"Shut up," I hissed as he got progressively louder.

"Holy shit," he repeated. "I'm blind. Does Ember know?" He paused, "No, of course she knows. She probably knew before you," he muttered. "Milo too. What about Sylvia?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe."

"You two made out."

I nodded.

"So are you like," he paused, eyes searching my face, "a thing now?"

Seth and I? A thing? Like dating? Like a holding hands, trading sweet kisses thing?

"Your face is turning red," Calix noted.

"Shut up. And no, we're not a thing. I don't even know if he likes me back."

The look Calix gave me clearly said: 'are you dumb?' "You two made out. In your kitchen."

"I make out with people all the time, it doesn't mean we're dating. And besides, you got railed by my brother. Are you two dating now?"

His gaze locked on my carpet and his nose wrinkled. "Yeah no, I don't think so. I don't want to date Corey."

"So we're not together. It was just a adrenaline thing," I concluded.

I looked at Calix, waiting for him to agree, but instead he was looking at me like a dick was growing out of my ear.

"What?"

"Let me get this straight. You have a crush on Seth," he said slowly, "and you guys kissed. And you think it was an adrenaline thing."

I nodded. "Yeah, pretty much."

He took a deep breath and let it all out at once. "You're dumb."

"Huh?"

"You kissed the guy you have a crush on and you think nothing is gonna change?" he hissed.

I paused. "No?"

"Why not?"

"It was just a kiss. It didn't mean anything."

There was a distant thud outside and then I heard the loud voices of some of my brothers walking in.

"What are you gonna do about Corey?" I asked.

"Talk to his girlfriend. What are you going do about Seth?" he shot back.

"Nothing."

He shook his head. "God, I hate the gays," he muttered.