Party Time

The following day, I texted them about the party invitation I'd gotten from the stranger at Darcy's.

Working late today, Ember texted.

Catching up on assignments, Calix and Milo said.

Sylvia was the only one free and after work, she stomped straight to my closet and tried on clothes for the next two hours.

"You can be the designated driver today," she suggested as she shimmied into a short purple strapless dress.

"Thanks for volunteering me," I said, "but I was the designated driver last time. It's your turn now."

She pouted. "Fine. What time did he say the party started?"

"Eight, I think."

She checked her phone. "We still have time."

Over the next hour, we got ready and we were on the way to the party when I got a call.

"Where are you?" Coby asked.

"I'm going to a party, why?"

"Seth is here. Something about an apology?"

"Why didn't he call?"

"He said that you probably wouldn't answer if he called. When are you gonna be back?"

"No idea," I said, before an idea popped into my head. "He can pick me up from the party. I'll call him later."

I heard him relay the information to Seth and we said our goodbyes before hanging up.

Sylvia pulled up to the address of the party and I saw that the party was fully in tow; vibrant and lively.

The lights were bright, flashing through closed curtains; the bass vibrated through the ground as we got closer; and the people were almost spilling out of the house.

We let ourselves in through the unlocked door, greeted by almost unbearable noise and heat.

"I'm going home with Seth," I yelled in Sylvia's ear, "so you don't have to be the designated driver today! Leave when you want and text me when you get home!"

She nodded, hardly paying attention to me, having made intense eye contact with someone across the room.

She wandered off, and I plunged into the crowd.

There was drinking, dancing, singing, everything. There was a fight over a girl but that wrapped up quickly and everybody went back to dancing.

I grinded on multiple people and they grinded back until I got thirsty and made my way to the bright light that seemed like it led to the kitchen.

It was and in there, I saw the person who'd invited me.

"Hey, Mrs. Seventeen," he greeted, delight sparkling in his eyes.

"Mr. Nineteen," I replied, grabbing a beer out of an icebox, making sure it was closed before popping it open.

I chugged it and then pulled Mr. Nineteen in close, crushing my lips to his.

It was a sloppy kiss, filled with hunger and lust.

He pulled back, fingers teasing a springy coil in my hair. "What's your name, Mrs. Seventeen?"

"Avy. Yours?"

"Owen," was his answer before pulling my lips to his again.

We made out until my lips started to ache and I pulled back, chugging another beer.