Two Foot Fish Face

It hadn't even been two hours, but Sylvia and Calix were wrecked.

Am I gonna have to be the designated driver today? I groaned at the thought of being responsible and took a sip from my barely touched beer.

Ember was grinding on some girls in the fray somewhere and I'd lost track of Milo a long time ago.

"Hey," a voice came from behind me.

Turning to look, I aggressively checked out the dude in front of me. What I saw, wasn't bad at all.

He was my height with a nice build. One curly strand of pale blond hair hung over a stunning jade green eye.

Hello, gorgeous, I thought, biting my lip in appreciation.

His plain white dress shirt made his pecs stand out and his sleeves were rolled up, exposing muscled forearms. The dark blue jeans covered a thin waist and nicely muscled thighs.

"You look a little young to be in here," he said, a sultry spark in his eyes.

"Not according to my ID. But I could say the same for you too."

He smiled, exposing straight white teeth, and held up his hands. "You caught me. Now, say that we weren't going by your ID. How old would you be then?"

Smart. Trying to make sure I'm not illegal. "I'd say that I'm seventeen And you?"

His grin stretched wider. "Nineteen."

I licked my lips, giving him 'the look' before gripping him by the collar and pulling him down until I was just a breath away from his lips.

Ignoring his gasp, I spoke dead serious, "You wouldn't happen to be in any relationship with anyone, would you?"

He shook his head. "N-No."

I pulled back and stared at him, his collar still in my hands. "Stuttering? How cute. You nervous?"

He nodded.

"Aren't you the one who approached me?" I asked, somewhat amused.

"Well I mean, yeah, but I didn't expect you to respond or move this fast."

I drew back slightly, uncertain. "Is," I licked my lips, "is it a bad thing?"

He shook his head. "No,no! I was just caught off guard." He drew closer and closer until out lips were touching.

He was a good kisser, but nothing special. When he had no breath left, he pulled away, dazed and slightly red faced.

"You're good," he panted.

Had lots of practice.

"Hey," he said, composing himself, "Some friends and I are having a party next week. You should come."

I shrugged noncommittally. "Maybe." I looked around the bar and grab a nearby pen. Handing him the pen, I pulled up my sleeve. "Write the address and time I might come."

He grinned, writing an address on my arm before handing me the pen. "See you later?"

I shrugged and when he wandered away, Milo came to replace him, stumbling over to me, a glee filled smile stretching his face. "Hey Ember!" he half yelled in a sing song voice.

"It's Avy," I corrected as I groaned. I had had hope for Milo. "Milo, are you drunk?"

He blinked at me as if his eyes were having trouble focusing. "I'm moderately functional."

"I'll take that as a no."

He nodded enthusiastically before getting distracted by the overhead lights. "Woah," he slurred, looping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him, "Ember! Have you ever noticed the lights on the ceiling? They're sooo pretty!" he gushed.