Ya Filthy McNasties

Seth and Caleb had grabbed our bags when they left the house and I grabbed the one on the left.

I fled the car, heading straight for the school entrance.

"Avy!" Ember crashed into me. "Save me!"

I took a wild guess. "From Caleb?"

She groaned. "He's acting like my fucking dad. 'Em, something could've happened to you' 'Ember, I'm serious' and all that."

I nodded. "Sounds like Caleb."

I gripped her hand and pulled her inside, but she resisted. "Wait, I have to get my keys from Caleb. We'll sneak out second period."

I grinned, nodding. "Then we can get our day back on track. Let's go get something to eat too. All that running made me hungry."

Caleb and Seth finally made it to the entrance and Ember pointed to her keys, holding out her hand.

"You want your keys back?"

She nodded and he scoffed. "What, so you can run off during second period? No, I'm not giving your keys back until the end of the day."

She glared, and flipped him off, before turning around, tugging me with her.

The boys followed us and we all waited patiently to get our tardy passes before going our separate ways.

Taking my time strolling down the halls, my leisurely stroll was interrupted by Seth.

"Walk faster."

I walked even slower just to annoy him.

"Don't you have a class to get to?" he asked.

"Don't you have someone else you can annoy?" I retorted, peeking into a room, noticing a friend and waved.

We walked a bit farther before he started walk ahead of me and into the classroom across from mine.

I sighed, standing in front of my history classroom. At least this is one of my okay classes, I thought before stepping inside the classroom.

It'd gotten silent as soon as I'd entered.

I sighed. "Look, I know you guys are amazed at having been graced with such beauty that you're speechless, but this is a bit awkward."

People were scoffing before I even finished and I smiled. Handing my note off to my teacher, I sauntered over to my group.

We were supposed to be working on some project, but unfortunately for my teacher, she let us choose our groups and I ended up working with three of my friends.

Tiera asked as I drew closer. "Where were you?"

I shrugged, tossing my backpack on the floor. "Was gonna skip today."

Valerie frowned. "Yet, you're here."

I scoffed. "Not voluntarily, of course. Caleb and Seth caught us and dragged us here."

Alivia, the constantly wandering group member, sat down. "I'd give anything to be manhandled by Seth or Caleb."

The others agreed and I wrinkled my nose. "Disgusting."

Tiera shook her head. "Have you seen those fine pieces of meat?"

"Uhh, only everyday because that's my brother. Ya filthy McNasties," I muttered.

Valerie reached over to grab a marker. "Well, what about Seth?"

I frowned, moving some papers out of the way to outline some letters. "What about Seth?"

"Well, he's not related to you." Valerie continued, "and that boy is a different type of fine."

"You ain't lying," Alivia cut in. "I wanna run my hands through that dark, silky hair."

The girls nodded.

"And I bet he's hiding a six pack under that shirt somewhere," Tiera added.

"Eight pack, actually," I muttered.

Silence.

I looked up to see each of the girls gaping at me. My gaze darted from one to another. "What?"

"Y-you've seen it?" Valerie sputtered. "When!"

At that point, our teacher glanced at us over the rims of her glasses. "Ladies, that doesn't sound like it has anything to do with your project."

A chorus of sorry's answered her back.

After a good thirty seconds of work, Tiera was tired of waiting. "Details, now," she demanded, the girls looking at me expectantly as well.

"It's nothing," I told them, shrugging it off.

"You've seen Seth shirtless! How is that nothing?"Alivia sputtered.

"Shut up!" I hissed at her loud voice and sighed. "Fine, I've seen Seth shirtless. So what?"

"So what?" they said in unison, shaking their heads at me once again.

"When?" Tiera asked.

"A couple of times."

"It's been more than once?" she gaped.

I squinted at them. "You guys do realize that Seth is Caleb and Carter's best friend right? He's honorary family and he comes at my house almost everyday."

Alivia snorted. "So, he hangs out with your brothers. What does that have to do with seeing him shirtless?"

"We've gone to the beach or pool plenty of times together. And he doesn't sleep with a shirt either."

"Why do you know this?" Valerie hissed.

"He sleepovers all the time," I shrugged.

Valerie spoke to Tiera, glaring at me. "Did you see that? She's seen Seth shirtless multiple times and she just shrugs it off."

Tiera shook her head, yet again. "I know, I can't believe her."

It was my turn to shake my head at them. "I'm not seeing the big deal here."

"How can you not?! It's Seth," Alivia said.

"That's why I don't understand; it's just Seth." I squinted at them. "What part of honorary family do y'all not get?"

Valerie gripped my hand. "He may be, but he's not related. Have you ever felt something for him?"

"Besides annoyance and anger? No."

"Something positive," Alivia tsked.

Well there was that incident with Ember's dad, but I can't tell them about that.

"Nope."

"You're a disappointment to the female race. You can't even recognize hotness," Tiera told me.

I frowned. "Of course I can. And because I can do it so well, I can tell you that Seth isn't it."

"Yeah? Name one hot person in our school."

"Jem Holland."

They nodded in agreement.

"Alright, I'll give you that, but aren't him and Rose in an on and off again relationship?"

"Hey, you said name a hot guy, not see if he was up for availability," I grinned.

We continued to talk about the guys of the school, the hot ones, the cute ones, and the dorky ones, making slow progress on our project, when the classroom door opened.

The whole class turned to face the person standing in the doorway.

He scanned the classroom until his eyes landed on mine.

"Avy," Seth said.