An Old Lady Wants All The Smoke

When the last bell rang, Cecelia was waiting for me outside. We hopped in her blue Jeep and she sped to her house, making small talk as we went.

When we got to her house, she offered me a soda before we entered her room.

It was painted sky blue with fairy lights hung around the edges of her ceiling. In the corner, her bed laid barely made and the desk besides it was covered in textbooks and sticky notes. Her wardrobe looked like it stayed open and dark clothes spilled out of it.

As I noticed all of this, she wouldn't take her eyes off of me.

I shifted, self conscious under her intense gaze. "What?"

She cocked her head, smiling. "You're cute."

Flustered from the sudden compliment, I started to fidget with my hands. "Thank you?"

She backed me into her bed until my knees folded and I plopped down her bed. She leaned forward slowly and cupped her hand around my neck before pulling me closer to her. Her breath brushed across my lips as she stared, grinning with her eyebrows raised in question before I nodded, and she crashed her lips on mine.

I carded my hands through her long, dark hair as she nibbled on my bottom lip.

This was a great idea. I needed this. No need to worry about Seth or my not-anger at him. Who cares about hot people that I don't hate?

Cecelia's lips met my neck, drawing a soft gasp out of me. "You seem distracted," she murmured.

She was right. Who thinks about other people when they're with another person?

I pulled her down onto the bed and climbed into her lap, wrapping my legs around her waist, kissing my way up to her ear. "When you're in front of me? Of course not."

She huffed out a laugh as she tilted her neck back to give me better access. "You're so cheeky."

Her skilled lips pressed a kiss to my shoulder as her hands explored under my shirt, warm hands tracing my stomach.

My phone rang and hers followed after it. We ignored them, too busy taking our shirts off, but after my phone rang three more times, I silenced it.

Her head ducked as she pressed hot kisses to my collar bones and trailed down lower. Slowly, she unhooked and pulled my bra away from me. Her warm breath hovered over my boobs when a different ringtone from her phone rang, and she froze before scrambling to pick up her phone.

"Mom?"

I pressed small kisses to her neck, stopping when high pitched panic entered her voice.

"What? Are you serious?" She was already getting up, throwing her shirt on. "No, no. I'm on my way now."

She hung up and turned to me, distress in her eyes. "My younger brother is in the hospital. You don't live far, right? I can drop you off at home."

I shook my head. "I'll just get someone to pick me up. Go to the hospital."

"Thanks and I'm sorry, I'll text you later or something," she said before breezing down the stairs and out of her house.

Talk about bad timing, I thought, putting my bra back on. My phone vibrated once more and I finally checked who it was. Groaning at the sight in front of me, I threw a small fit on Cecelia's bed, all flailing arms and legs.

Two missed calls from Seth, one from Carter, and one from Caleb. Thirteen text messages from Seth, a text from Ember, a three texts from Caleb, and two messages from Corey.