Baddies Don't Go To School

I was having a dream. A wonderful, heartwarming, soul shaking dream. How did I know it was a dream? Because nothing in real life could ever make me as happy as I felt in my dream.

I was floating on literal clouds when the cloud started to speak.

"Car," the voice interrupting my dream spoke.

Hoping that without an answer, the voice would go away, I ignored the very familiar and very unwanted voice disturbing my peace.

"Wake up, your alarm didn't go off," the voice said, giving my shoulder a gentle shake.

"Go away," I groaned, snuggling further into my blankets.

"Avy!"

Dragging my eyes open, staring into the eyes that I often saw stating back when I glanced in the mirror. They were Ryder eyes; a gene from my dad.

"Chase," I growled. "What do you want?"

Big, hazel eyes blinked at me. "Today's Monday."

"Your point?"

"We have school today?" he said, uncertainly.

Closing my eyes briefly, I sighed. "I'm not going in today."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because what?'

He was really starting to get on my nerves so I just started counting from 5
My door slammed shut before I got to two.

I sank deeper into my bed, listening to the footsteps.

Heavy footsteps rushing down the stairs; Coby trying to be the 1st person ready.

The slow, steady steps of Chad walking past my door, taking his time down the stairs.

Two sets of rushed footsteps clattering down the stairs; Cole and Cody racing down the stairs.

"6'o'clock!" my dad yelled.

The sounds of rushed steps fleeing down the hallway, stopping at the stairs before racing back and coming back again; Carter forgetting something and going back for it.

Measured steps and a "Let's go, Chase!" before rushed steps, a pause and the sound of someone sliding down the banister; Caden getting Chase and Chase sliding down the banister.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Corey
"Bye Dad." Chad.

"Bye Dad." Corey.

"Don't forget to get some more cereal and milk." Caden.

"Bye Dad." Cole and Cody.

"Bye Dad." Coby.

"Remember, I'm staying at Tate's tonight." Chase.

"Oh yeah, Seth's coming over today too." Carter.

"Bye guys!" I heard my dad yell, "Love you!"

"Love you!" they chorused.

I waited another 10 minutes until the door slammed shut again, signaling that my dad had left for work.

I sighed. Finally.

I grabbed my phone and texted my best friend.

Bro's and dad gone. Skip w/ me?

say less im omw rn.

I sent her a thumbs up and rolled on my bed. I'd waited 3 weeks for this. With ten guys, not including my dad, alone time was rare.