Dinner Talk

(L/N) = Lizard Name

————————————————————

Small talk can go jump off a cliff."

Australia gave me a smile. "See! She agrees."

New Zealand chuckled. "Alright, but now that I'm here, you're not allowed to rant about spiders anymore."

"Wha- hey!"

————————————————————

-3RD PERSON POV-

"(Y/N) here isn't the only thing I brought home." Australia put his hand in the terrarium and held his hand out for the little lizard to climb on. He retracted his hand from the terrarium and handed the lizard to (Y/N). "We also got this little guy too!"

"YOU brought him? (L/N) came with me." The girl held out (L/N) to show New Zealand as she sent a playful glare to Australia. "We're a package deal."

New Zealand observed the tiny animal thoroughly. He observed the many spots on its back, and its beady dark eyes. "Well, it certainly one of the cuter animals we have here."

Australia gasped. "HEY, PETER IS AN ADORABLE ARACHNID AND YOU KNOW IT!"

"That spider is a menace, Australia. Always creeping around in my room."

(Y/N) snickered at the unintentional reference the two had made.

She stroked the gecko's scaly skin for a few moments before putting them back into their temporary habitat. She had been wanting to discuss more important matters, like which room she'd be staying in, who else she would be meeting, that kind of stuff. Her thoughts were interrupted when Australia spoke up.

"Something on your mind, mate?"

She blinked. "Yeah, actually. You said I could stay here, right? Mind showing me which room I'd be staying in?"

"Oh, right! I've been thinking about whether you should stay in Canada's room or America's, but I thought you would probably want your own room." He thought for a few moments before adding on, "Plus, those rooms have probably been collecting dust."

New Zealand chimed in. "We actually have a guest room, but it's all yours for the time being." He paused. "I could, uh, escort you to your room now if you want. You know, get some time to take in your surroundings."

"I would very much like that." (Y/N) smiled.

"Great! While you get (Y/N) settled in her room, I'll make dinner." Australia beamed, then winked. "Don't have too much fun in there, you two!"

(Y/N) turned red and laughed out of embarrassment. New Zealand was red as well, but oh,

he wasn't laughing.

"AUSTRALIA I SWEAR—"

. . .

"I'm so sorry about him, I swear when I see him again I'll smack some sense into him." New Zealand fumed. (Y/N) just laughed. "Nah, it's ok. He meant no harm in that joke. Plus, I found it a little funny."