Chapter 06 : Sorry

(listen to <promise> by exo while reading this chapter)

After hours of crying, Taehyun sits on the edge of the pool by himself. The moonlight is shinning brightly and he could see his own reflection on the surface of the pool. Is it his fate to lose his mother? His mother couldn't even wait until his wedding with Beomgyu because God loves her more. Now the old days laughing and smiling with his mother is gone. His mother may be gone from his sight, but never in his heart. He would never feel a mother's warmth and love ever again. Just when everything is about to go perfect, there will be always a session where he would shed his tears.

"Why? Why couldn't she wait?"

He said. The wind is blowing softly and he feels cold depsite wearing a thin layer of clothes. But he couldn't care less. Just then he remembers of a certain someone who must be waiting for him alone. He takes out his phone and immediately dialled Beomgyu's number. But the older didn't answer. He tries calling again but no answer. Then he opens his call history and there were about 20 miss called from the older. He started getting worried that Beomgyu might go looking for him to his office. Beomgyu is the type of an overthinking person. Taehyun couldn't help but feels worried. He gets up and goes to his father who is sitting on the sofa.

"Father, I must go. Beomgyu hyung is probably waiting for me"

Mr.Kang looks up and his eyes are wet. He nods and Taehyun proceed to go home, not wanting to stay there any longer. Because if he does, he won't be able to go home for the night. He goes to his car, starts the engine and sprint along the empty road to his home. As he arrived, he gets out and knock on the door. No answer. He knocks for the second time and still no answer. The third time he knocks, still no answer. Taehyun started to panic. He tries to twist the doorknob and it wasn't lock. Taehyun could feel his heartbeat rate is getting faster. As he couldn't waste any time longer, he barged in calling Beomgyu's name countless times.

"BEOMGYU HYUNG!!"

He wanders around the living room and light is still on. Only then he realised, the cushion had been changed into a new one. Colored red.

"BEOMIE HYUNG!!! HYUNG!!"

He calls. Sadly, no one answered. He runs towards the kitchen and his heart dropped at the sight of the kitchen. The cooked food which seems to be had turn cold, two wine glasses on the table, a candlelight and lastly a nicely wrapped box on top of the counter. The box caught his attention. He approaches it and saw a card on top of it.

Taehyun smiles at the sight of the handwriting

Taehyun smiles at the sight of the handwriting. It was Beomgyu's handwriting. The older put all of his effort into everything. Even the smallest thing, like the cushion, the valentine card and even the food. He put the card down and eyes the wrapped gift, Beomgyu bought for him. He opens the wrapper slowly and finally the box. As he saw the gift Beomgyu bought, his eyes glitters. He had no idea the older would buy him such thing. It was a Cinnamoroll plushie. His most favourite cartoon character. He immediately picks the plushie up and takes his phone. He opens his KakaoTalk and there were more than 10 messages from Beomie hyung ❤️.

Hyunnie!! ☺️ I prepared dinner for us so come home early hm?

Hyunnie, where are you?

Aren't you going home?

Hyunnie?

Why won't you answer the phone?

Hyunnie, do you hate me?

It's our first Valentine after our engagement...

Hyunnie.... 🙁

KANG TAEHYUN!!

YAH PICK UP YOUR PHONE NOWW!!

TAEHYUN!!

Taehyun, I'm worried about you please

Why won't you pick up?

Taehyun please!!

As Taehyun keeps reading the messages, the last message broke his heart.

Come home, please.... 😔

Regrets started piling up inside him. He should've told Beomgyu before going there. He should've brought Beomgyu with him. He bit his lips and he started to feel guilty. He runs to the bedroom and Beomgyu wasn't there. Even the sheet is still neat and not messy. His heartrate is going 180km per speed. The older is nowhere to be found. He tries calling the older but the older won't answer. He tries calling again and no answer. He gave up and calls Yeonjun. After a few seconds waiting, the older picked up the phone.

"Hell-"

"Yeonjun hyung! Beomgyu hyung is missing!!! He's nowhere to be found and I saw the dinner he made and he even bought me-"

"Calm down, Tae.. Beomgyu is with me and Soobin. He stayed here for the night because he thought you won't come home"

Taehyun felt a bit relief.

"Thanks hyung, I'll be there in 10 minutes"

Taehyun didn't waste any more time and goes to Yeonjun's house. As he arrived there, he was greeted by a sleepy Soobin and Yeonjun was watching the movie. He came in and saw a certain boba head laying on the floor curling like a ball.

"He's sleeping"

Soobin said. Taehyun approaches the older and saw his puffy cheeks, his red nose and the reason the older cries was because of him. He should've told the older first. It was his fault.

"He was waiting for you, he was so excited that he couldn't even chose a proper gift for you. He asked me to accompany him to shop. His eyes were sparkling this morning. He was so excited and why would you ruined his feelings?"

Soobin deadpanned. Yeonjun squeezes Soobin's hand not wanting his husband to talk anymore. He felt bad for both Beomgyu and Taehyun.

"What happened that you forgot about Beomgyu?"

Yeonjun asked. Taehyun felt like something was stucked in his throat.

forgot.

"My mother, passed away.. and I panicked that I forgot to tell Beomgyu hyung about it"

Taehyun answered while caressing the older's face. Beomgyu was sleeping peacefully. Mouth slightly apart and soft snores escape from his mouth. Taehyun smiles. His fiance is and ethereal human. Pretty even after crying.

"I'm sorry, my deepest condolences"

Yeonjun said. Soobin stayed quiet.

"It's okay, hyung. Its my fault that I didn't tell Beomgyu hyung where I was going"

Soobin sighs.

"Take him to the guest bedroom, you can stay over if you want"

Taehyun smiles and nods. He carries Beomgyu in bridal style and goes to the guest bedroom. As he put the older on the soft mattress, he covers the older in a warm blanket. The next thing he does is, snuggles behind Beomgyu and cuddles him from behind. He kisses the back of Beomgyu's neck whispering "I'm sorry" until he fell asleep.

"I'm sorry, Beomie hyung"