Chapter 2: Lost.

Steve wasn't quite sure what to expect when he opened his apartment door at 10 o'clock at night. He never had visitors, and he was pretty sure a visitor after 9pm usually meant trouble.
What he didn't expect, however, was to find a dripping wet, crying April at the other side of his door when he finally opened it.

"Uh..." her voice spoke timidly "So you know how you lived with me for a while when you were all lost after being unfrozen? Uh- well." She broke down "I've walked around the city for the past 10 hours trying to figure out what to do... and I just don't know. I didn't know where else to go. I'm lost Steve, not literally, but emotionally and I feel like if I hold it in anymore I'll explode..."

"Hey April, it's okay..." Steve soothed rubbing her soaked shoulders "Come inside, come on... your freezing."

"Thank You." she sobbed.

"It's the least I can do..." he took her coat "but just do me a favour, yeah?"

She looked up at him through mascara stained lashes and whimpered a small 'uh huh'

"Please stop crying... Whatever it is, everything's gonna be okay..." he smiled sweetly "I've not really had a lot of experience with crying women..." He admitted chuckling nervously "Or any women to be honest."

"I find that hard to be believe, Captain"

"Why?" He questioned sitting her down on the couch, before perching on the table opposite her.

"You're Captain America... You're all buff and blonde, and pretty blue eyes..."

Steve chuckled "Not everyone is like your egotistical mister, April. I don't exploit women using my superhero status..."
As soon as he saw April's reaction to his comment, he knew he'd taken it too far. "Oh god, it's him isn't it... I'm sorry April."

Her tiny voice struggled to escape her lips "He cheated on me."

"He what?"

"Again."

"Again, what do you mean again? Why is he cheating on you in the first place!?"

April smiled at this a little, shrugging.

Steve just sighed and shook his head. "Come on, lets take your mind of that idiot for a second, and get you into some warm, dry clothes... I'm sure I'll have something that fits you." He narrated, disappearing into his bedroom.

In the few moments Steve was gone, April found time to compose herself. Wiping the tears and streaks of black from her cheeks, she took deep breaths and calmed herself down.

Steve soon returned with one of his shirts and a pair of shorts, "I hope these will be okay, they're all I have..."

"They're perfect Steve thank you... I really appreciate this." April sniffed

"It's fine, don't worry about it." He reassured "uh- the bathrooms just down the hall if you wanna- change, and stuff."

"Thanks" she nodded, tiptoeing down the super soldiers hallway.