Chapter 7: A trip down memory lane.

Steve pounded on the punching bag that hung from the gyms ceiling.
His head was in a bit of a whirl. He wasn't entirely sure if April's actions last night and this morning had been genuine or just an act of her lonely mind. In this day and age it was difficult for him to work out what was harmless and what was genuine flirtation.
He had feelings for April.
He wasn't sure what those feelings were, but he knew he had them.
Like he did with Peggy.

He thought of Peggy and hit the punching bag.

He thought of his fellow soldiers, from back in the good ol days, and punched it again.

He thought of all the technological advancements Howard Stark had achieved in the past 70 years he hadn't been a part of, and slammed the bag again.

Harder, faster, and more furious the punches flew, until the bag snapped from its hinges and hurtled across the room.

Steve walked to pick up another bag, placing it on the hook where the last one had hung.

"Trouble sleeping?" He heard from the doorway.

It was fury.

"Slept for seventy years sir, I think I've had my fill."

Fury stepped in to the room, approaching Steve with a file in his hand.

"You here with a mission sir?"

"I am."

"Trying to get me back in the world?"

Fury stood proud "Trying to save it."