Chapter 9: Just walking.

They spent half an hour walking... Just walking. Anywhere. In any direction.

Just walking.

"How do you do this?" He asked finally

"Do what?"

"Just walk around not knowing what direction your going in next? It's kind of an OCD nightmare to be honest, A."

She laughed "Sometimes it's good for your brain to just move without thinking of the consequences. Without having to pre-plan every possible outcome. You feel fluid, and calm." she raised an eyebrow "Why hasn't it made you feel better?"

"No it has, it has. I just didn't know if there was any method behind the madness? But apparently there is so..." he smiled.

They walked a few more yards side by side, knuckles awkwardly brushing from time to time. This had happened a few times during their walk, and each time April would look towards the floor, and Steve would look towards her hand, and then up to her blushing cheeks.

He decided to go for it.

On the next awkward hand brush, he gently chuckled and pulled on her palm.
"Gimme your hand."

She smiled and obliged, giggling and interlacing her fingers with his.
After a comfortable silence had settled between the two of them, they carried on walking, this silence soon broken by a loud drunk slur from a familiar face...