Chapter 8: Weighing on his mind.

"I've left a debriefing packet at your apartment ." Fury continued "May I ask why Agent Stark was there?"

"Which Stark." Steve uttered visibly unimpressed by the invasion into his privacy.

"You know damn well which Stark..." Fury exclaimed playfully "Just make sure she's ready for duty when I need her."

Steve stuffed his belongings back into his bag as quickly as possible, making his way to the exit.

"Anything else I should know about the teaseract?"

Steve hoisted a punching bag onto his right shoulder, "You should have left it in the ocean."

-----

April sat alone in Steve's living room reading through Fury's notes about the tesseract. This thing didn't seem like it was going to be a piece of cake to control.
Firstly it had been 'misbehaving', and now some psychotic glow stick wielding alien was running around the world with it.

She heard the door open softy, and Steve kick his shoes off by the entrance. Not looking up from her notes she called through to him "Did Fury find you?"

"Unfortunately, yes." Steve replied, striding into the living room "That the file?"

"Yeah." she handed it to him "Looks like a crazy powerful square of blue juice."

"Well, your not wrong." he answered monotonously, too busy concentrating on the writing in front of him.

After watching Steve scan the pages for a couple of minutes, April interjected
"Steve, stop reading it if it's mashing your brain."

"It's not."

"If your eyebrows go any further down your forehead you'll end up having a moustache."

Steve looked up at her finally "It's just... I remember what this thing can do if in the wrong hands. It bothers me that Fury seems to be sniffing around it, and that I'm going to be on the team of people who help will get it back for him."

"Steve, Fury's not a bad egg. I promise you." she reassured "I've known him for years, and he's never let me down once."

Steve just sighed in response.

"Come on." April jumped from her seat "Lets take your mind off it for tonight." she held out her hands for him to take.

Hesitantly he did, and April pulled him out of the apartment and into the chilling evening air.

"Where are we going?" He asked, his voiced laced with concern.

"For a walk."