Chapter 16: Who'd have thought it.

Steve walked out of the double doors and down the corridor, April following.

"They found him in Germany." Steve announced

"Wow, a crazy power obsessed man in Germany... Who'd have thought it." She joked, earning a smile from Steve.

"You fighting?"

"No, but I'll fly the jet." She told him "Guess it's time to squeeze myself back into my S.H.I.E.L.D catsuit."

Steve breathed a laugh "Like you need to squeeze yourself into anything..."

They both took off into opposite rooms to 'suit up', April finding Natasha on the way out to the jet.

"What does Loki want with the tesseract anyway?"

"Who knows?" Nat responded "Guess we'll find out."

They climbed into the cockpit and fired up the enginge.

"Where are you Steve?" April asked to herself, slight impatience in her tone.

"Sorry." He called jogging into the jet from behind her "Had to squeeze myself back into my suit."

They took off, making their way to Stuttgart. Whilst April piloted the jet, Nat stepped out of the cockpit and joined Steve in the back.

"So, you and Stark's sister, huh?" She raised an eyebrow

"What? How did yo-"

"They had Johnny and the rest of the four in earlier, he wouldn't shut up about you two going on a lovey dovey moonlit walk..." she smirked.

"Yeah well, he doesn't exactly have a right to complain." Steve's jaw tensed.

"We're here guys. I have eyes on Loki." April called back to them.

Natasha seated herself in the cockpit once more, whilst Steve put his mask on and jumped from the jet just in time to save a brave civilian.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing."

"The soldier. The man out of time." Loki spat.

"I'm not the one who's out of time."

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Natasha's voice blared from the jet hovering above the scene.

Loki made a move for Steve, and the soldier retaliated. Steve fought hard and fast until he was stopped by the point of Loki's scepter against his head.

"Kneel."

"Not today." Steve sent a flying kick to Loki.

A muffled sound emitted in the background, Steve and Loki too caught up in their fight to notice until it grew louder.

April recognised the sound instantly as AC/DC's 'Shoot to Thrill' continued to play, followed by her brother's voice.

"Hey baby sis, D'you miss me?"

April could do nothing but lean back in her seat and roll her eyes as her brother impacted infront of Steve and Loki, showcasing the numerous amounts of weapons he had stored in the shoulder's of his iron man suit.

"Make a move, Reindeer games." came Tony's robotised voice.

Loki held his hands up in defeat, elements of his royal garments disappearing.

"Good move."

Steve stood slightly infront of Tony, panting from taking on a God in a fight.

"Captain." Tony acknowledged.

"Mr Stark."

They moved Loki onto the jet and started to make their way back to the hellicarier.

Tony spoke up first, "I see you're still fighting the fight Captain."

"Best I can." Steve replied, acknowledging that Loki was more than a worthy match for him.

"Still, you're pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?"

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in?" Steve's brows furrowed

"There's a lot of things Fury doesnt tell you."

"Will you two pipe down, so help me god... Don't make me send Natasha back there." April shouted to the pair from the front of the jet.

——————————————————————————————

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I wanted to take this story through the first avengers film because Loki is my favourite villain ever.