Chapter 5: A sweet smell.

Steve hadn't held a woman before... Not properly. He was a little stiff and unsure of where to put himself as he slid in beside April.
Much to his surprise she instinctively placed her head against his shoulder, clutching his bicep, leading to Steve's 'how to cuddle' dilemma.

"Sorry." she admitted noting his tensed muscles "Are you uncomfortable with this?"

"No..." He shook his head gently "No... it's nice."

April smiled warmly and rested herself on Steve once more. She let her eyes close, and sleep take over her.

"For the record." Steve interrupted her dozing state "Johnny Storm is the worlds biggest idiot."

"Thanks Steve." April let out a breathy laugh.

-------

April woke up laying on her front, sprawled across the mattress.

Alone.

She sat up on her elbows, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, and re-adjusting to the light in the room. Yawning and stretching she breathed in a sweet smell.

"Hn" she groaned furrowing her brow "Steve?"

"In here."

Passing through into the kitchen she found the super soldier watching over a pan on the stove.
Steve smiled hearing her footsteps hit the wooden floor trailing up to him. She stopped at the end of the counter and Steve looked her over; she was still in his over sized shirt, it stretched midway down her thighs, and was messily buttoned so revealing a small amount of cleavage.
This wasn't showing enough skin to be inappropriate but just enough to make Steve awkwardly aware of the angles of her body.

"What's this?" She asked gesturing to the pan, waking him from his entranced thoughts.

"Well," He grinned at her "Nothing's better than pancakes..."