Chapter 10: A familiar face.

"What the fuck do you think your doing Spangle Butt!" They heard shout from behind them.

They both turned, Steve grasping her hand a little tighter as his protective instincts took over.

"Get your hand off my girl!" Johnny Storm threatened, walking with an aggressive pace towards Steve.

"Your girl?" Steve questioned "I'm surprised you can remember which ones which the way your going."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Johnny squared up to him, anger burning in his eyes.

"It means, you didn't seem to give a shit about 'your girl' when you were sleeping with another one."

Storm's expression contorted as he knew he couldn't argue with Steve. "Oh, go suck an egg Mr Perfect." he moved his attention to April "And you, where the hell have you been? I've tried calling you a gazillion times? Why the hell wouldn't you pick up the fucking phone!?"

Steve gently pulled April behind him, "Get lost Storm, she has every right to ignore your phone calls..."

"I'm not speaking to you Rogers. Get outta my way." Johnny tried to push Steve to the side, but to no avail. "April, baby, I'm sorry... you know what I'm like. I didn't mean it. Please, just come home." he rambled.

Then, As Johnny looked as though he was about to give up, Steve let down his guard for a second, looking away from the younger Storm and turning to April.

Johnny took this as an opportunity to land a hit on Steve. Getting him on the left side of his face, Steve was disorientated for a moment and Johnny ran to deal with April.
He wrapped his arms around her tightly "April please I won't do it again, I'm sorry."

She struggled to get out of his grasp "Johnny you're drunk, get off me!"

"No April don't be like that." he stumbled to kiss her, but Steve grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Go home." The super soldier ordered sternly, pushing Johnny backwards forcefully.

"Fine." Johnny finally admitted defeat, his intoxicated brain shrugged off the drama and walked away nonchalantly.
Steve watched him walk in the opposite direction until he was a comfortable length away, then turned to tend to April.

"A, are you okay?" He held her arms gently "Did he hurt you?"

"No..." she shook her head "No he didn't hurt me, I'm okay." she glanced over Steve's shoulder to see Johnny was now just a small blip in the distance "Lets just go home."

Steve nodded and smiled sweetly, taking her hand again; and with one last glance backwards, they made their way back to Steve's apartment.