Chapter 5

"Come on, Zia," a boy sat in front of me, groaning in frustration.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I stuck my tongue out at the boy.

I was sitting in a room, painfully white, with two bunk beds.

"Yes, you bloody do," a blonde boy spoke. He had a strange accent, and something about him was familiar.

"She's not gonna say anything," an Asian boy sitting to the left of me said, acting like the boys in front of me were dumb. "Geniuses."

"Shut up." The first boy groaned. He then turned and looked at me again. "We don't have a lot of time. They're planning something big."

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about-"

"And it will kill us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure she's okay?"

I was pulled out of my dream by a familiar voice.

"Look, Newt. We got our jobs like you. And she's the first girl that we had to treat."

"She's human like us. It can't be that hard," the boy pressed.

"I think she's awake," a familiar grunt followed.

I dropped all pretenses and opened my eyes, taking in the bright surroundings in the little hut-like building I was in. I was lying on a bed in a room with much other medical equipment. I felt my head protesting as I sat up, flinching slightly as my body screamed at me to lay back down.

"How's your head, Greenie?"

I looked up to see three different boys looking at me. Two of them were familiar like I'd seen them from somewhere.

"I know I'm hot, but you don't need to stare," the dark-haired boy smirked.

Then, everything clicked.

"You're that weirdo boy!" I glared at him.

"So much of a 'thank you for saving my life," the boy rolled his eyes.

"And you! You're that boy in the cage," I moved on, speaking pointedly at the boy with caramel hair and brown eyes. I frowned, trying to remember their names. "You're... "

"I'm not saying anything," the black-haired boy raised his eyebrows.

"Newt!" I remembered.

"The shuck? I'm not Newt," the Asian boy shook his head.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna bother remembering yours," I rolled my eyes.

"Glad to see that you two are getting along already," Newt grinned. I noticed the slight cut on his neck, a mark left by me. "Do you remember your name?"

I frowned. What was it that the boy in my dream called me?

Zia. That's what he called me.

"Zia," I responded cautiously. "That's my name."

"Well, Zia, welcome to the Glade," a dark-skinned boy that had been standing in the room sighed.

"Who're you?" I stared back at the boy, who seemed to challenge me.

The boy never dropped his gaze and answered, "I'm Alby. Basically the leader here."

We continued daring each other to blink when I heard a scream through the walls on my left. It sounded like someone was being tortured. I flinched as another blood-curdling scream was let loose.

Suddenly, a short boy with graying hair entered the room desperately. "Newt, Alby, we need help."

Newt and Alby exchanged wary glances with each other and left the room, leaving me alone with the annoying boy who never stopped smirking. I huffed, annoyed, as he looked at me with a bemused expression.

"You're really moody, aren't you?" I grit my teeth, irritated, as he spoke.

"I'm not being moody, I'm trying to be rational," I snapped.

I ignored him and stood up, only to stumble a little. I looked up at the boy and nearly laughed. His hand was outstretched as if he was about to catch me, but then he was hesitating, making it look like he was trying to do ballet. He quickly went back to leaning casually and looking out the window when he realized I was looking at him amusedly. I kept a straight face as I saw him frown and mutter something angrily to himself. I took a deep breath and tried standing again, this time successfully. 

"Lay back down, for now, Greenie. Else, Newt's gonna bite off Clint and Jeff's heads for having you leave," the boy spoke. 

"Sure, boy." I drawled, annoyed at what he was calling me. "What does that mean anyway? Greenie, Glade..."

"Greenie means Greenbean or the Newbie. The Glade is our home," the boy sighed. "You'll learn more at the tour with Alby or Newt tomorrow."

"Alright, boy," I smirked at his obvious annoyance. 

"Don't call me that," Mr. Annoyed said. "We all have names, and we're all boys."

"About that... How come I only see boys here?"

Mr. Boy shrugged. "You're the first girl to come up in the Box."

"So there are only boys in this place, right Mr. Annoyed?" I asked.

Oops. I didn't mean to say that aloud.

Instantly, the boy frowned. "Don't call me that either."

"What can I call you then, hm?" I arched an eyebrow, trying to keep my emotions at bay. 

"Minho," the boy spoke softly.

Suddenly, a searing pain shot up in my head as something seemed to try and slip in, while another part of me was trying to keep it in. 

"Minho," I echoed. Then the world became black as I felt me falling.

A/N

IDK if I should write this longer or shorter. 851 words, either way.

L.J.