Pawn

Hey guy! How are you enjoying the story so far? If you like The Prison and Abyssal, you're going to looooove the new Patreon-exclusive short story I'm currently working on. It's under a new tier that's dedicated to the most debauched, NSFW short stories that my depraved mind can cook up >:) The first short story is called Black & Red:

Rating: R-Rated

Synopsis: If you ever wondered what the colors of obsession are, they're Black & Red.

Red is being hunted by the man who owns the world. Zephyr de Corbin, the World Imperator and King of Humanity, has decided that he must have Red as well.

Long ago, Red crossed swords with Zephyr and he'd left the duel a scarred and humiliated man. But instead of losing interest in Red once he'd defeated him like Zephyr was rumored to do, the World Imperator developed an all-consuming interest in the fiery sword master, for Red was the first challenger to make his blood boil and his loins stir. Very quickly, interest turned to an unholy obsession until Red was left with only two choices: either flee or become the tyrant imperator's possession.

Proud and headstrong, Red would rather freeze in the icy pits of Vetiruza itself before he lay in Zephyr's bed. He chooses to flee, abandoning his inheritance to save his honor, virtue and himself from the Imperator's corrupting hands.

Zephyr pursues, for Red plagues his thoughts and dreams, coming to him in the form of a sultry seductor, taunting and daring. As World Imperator, he hasn't lost a conquest yet, and Red would be no different. But first, he has to get his hands on his elusive prey.

Check it out if you're interested! ;D

Now onto the chapter!!!

Pawns

Kai suddenly felt out of breath right after the General's declaration. It was as if a giant red X had been tattooed across his back, marking him as the biggest target in all the Seven Seas.

"So, you're saying..." Kai stopped and swallowed, his throat unusually dry. "You're saying I'm not safe here?"

Well, he'd had a feeling, but now that he was somewhat certain, it felt like a pressing weight bearing down on him and making it difficult to breathe.

"I'm afraid so." A look of sympathy flashed across Ryodan's face before it quickly disappeared, to be replaced by metal conviction. Kai wasn't an expert on facial expressions, but he was almost sure that Ryodan was affronted on Kai's behalf by his black expression.

Kai saw his chance and took it. He'd been wanting to see the General and ask him this for a few days now, and he'd be a fool to pass up this opportunity. Who knew when they'd meet again.

"Then take me back home." He said and it came out almost pleading, his homesickness showing. God, what he'd give to see his mother's face again, to sleep in his own room and crawl into his own bed without fear or threat of any enemies.

Ryodan frowned. "This is your home," he insisted with a degree of finality that did not elude Kai.

"No, I mean my home on the surface. With my mother," he explained, but he knew that the General had understood his meaning perfectly.

"I cannot do that." His tone brooked no argument, as formidable and unbudging as steel.

A crack appeared in the middle of his plan. He began to panic. If the General did not help me escape, he was back to square one. Rather, he'd remain forever on square one, considering he'd never actually made any real progress.