Torn Harness

Can't wait for the next chapter? Then please consider joining my Patreon for early access to Abyssal's chapters and supporting me. You'll also find exclusive Abyssal NSFW short stories and art!

Torn Harness

Kai wanted to escape his pursuers who were intent on bathing and violating him, but he ended up running straight into the baths. Dammit; he'd meant to head into the library.

"Oh, come on!" he yelled at the steaming baths that smelled of lavender and the sea breeze.

"Your Highness!" Three sets of feet's footfalls echoed across the vast baths, right behind him.

"I'll bathe by myself!" He ran past the steaming hot pools, the bubbly pools full of lathering soap, the icy cold pools, and then as he was rounding the biggest of all the pools, he slipped on some water at the edge and fell straight in.

It was one of the icy cold pools.

When his head shot out of the water, he saw the three menaces staring down at him with intent.

The memory of his first 'preparation' was too vivid in his mind, especially the vile taste of being violated it left behind.

Never again!

His teeth chattered and he visibly shivered as he growled, "If you touch me again-"

Three sets of hands were on him before he could finish what he was saying.

They fought.

It wasn't pretty.

Kai slammed his elbow into one of the triplets' noses, and then, with no small effort, lifted the identical one right next to him and tossed him away as if he were a sack of potatoes. He splashed back into the pool with a yelp a few feet away.

"Ah! My nose!" Bright red blood proceeded to dribble down the injured triplet's nose and soil the once crystal clear pool.

Kai felt hands trying to restrain his arms, one hand pushing his head down into submission. The lower part of his face was submerged in water,

Kai saw red.

He fought harder.

Rosy water splashed out of the pool. The cheating bastards grabbed him by his damned gold harness, and Kai understood with perfect clarity why they had been designed this way. They were meant to offer a place to grab hold of slaves and pets. How practical and diabolical.

He staggered in the pool as he was dragged left and right like a raging bull being reined in by cowboys, slipping on the slippery tiles. Still, he did not submit. No, not this time.

Another well-placed hit to the nose put the bleeding triplet out of commission. He fell forward and floated face down in the water.

"Brother!"

Angered, the remaining two advanced on him, eyes glowering. They'd finally lost their cool. Usually, this was when people made mistakes.

Unlike their icy masters, the triplets were very much human, with human temperament. All Kai had to do was push the right button to enrage them, and they clearly didn't like their brother being beaten.

"Why, you...!"

It was that dastardly night in the amphitheater all over again. Except this time the sand was replaced by water up to his torso, and there was no gawking audience to cheer on the fight.

Well, except for Marius.

Kai could feel that icy blue gaze on him even without having to turn and see him leaning against a pillar, spectating calmly. He made no comment or move to intervene.