The Amphitheater

Warning: This chapter contains non-consent themes that may find disturbing.

The Amphitheater

At first, Kai thought they were fucking, then it looked like they were fighting, and then they were fucking again.

"What the hell is this place?" he breathed. "And what are they doing?"

Oh, they're definitely fucking, he thought as one of the slaves tackled the other by the waist, got behind him and thrust himself deep into the other slave, who was also a male, cried out. Kai's face flushed crimson at the aggressive yet intimate sight.

Exactly why was he seeing this?

As the exotic bronze slave began to piston in and out the other slave who was smaller and fairer in build, the crowd cheered them on, invigorated by the debauched spectacle.

"Well done, Brutus!" A woman screamed with raised fists, her eyes fixed firmly on the humping couple in the manner that one watched and cheered on a winning steed.

"Get up, you fool! Don't you dare let him make you cum!" A man-or rather a boy who didn't look a day over sixteen- growled at the fairer slave from one of six alcoves surrounding the tiny sand-filled arena.

The fair slave started pleading for the other slave to stop, tears streaming down his face. But there was no mercy to be given; the slave he now knew to be Brutus continued his vigorous thrusting, filling the amphitheater with the lewd sounds of slapping cheeks.

Kai realized he'd baulked at the threshold when the chain around his leg yanked him as King Marius walked. He stumbled and barely stopped himself from toppling face forward.

The King shot him an annoyed look, as if to say, "Don't dally."

The crowd, that was seemingly unaware of their ruler's presence, fell into a startled hush the moment King Marius was noticed.

"My liege!"

The occupants lounging in the alcoves lunged to their feet, throwing sweetmeats and smoking pipes (and even a pet or two) off their laps. The servants plastered themselves to the red walls, keeping out of the way. The slaves fell to their knees to grovel. The two slaves stopped humping, eyes wide.

Kai had yet to see or meet a merman or merwoman whose mere presence competed or resembled the King of Nostraza's. And it seemed that he was very much aware of it, wielding it like a weapon as he'd walked into the amphitheater, as if to say, "Rejoice. Your King is here."

A male courtier dressed in a tight silver coat advanced, head bowed and arms raised with his palms upwards. "You honor us with your presence, my liege." Then, he dared to peek at his king through his lashes to ask, "You rarely come to these entertainments. To what do we owe the immense pleasure?"

Kai assumed he was a butler of sorts.

"I'm entertaining a special guest. I trust the entertainment tonight is enjoyable?"

"Oh, one of our best, sire!" exclaimed the suddenly energetic butler. "Lady Ezaioi and Lord Luka have brought their prized pets. I expect it will be quite a show."

King Marius nodded, clearly pleased.

The butler finally peeked at him with plain and unconcealed curiosity.

Kai had forgotten what he was wearing, but the male's appreciative gaze quickly reminded him of his scantily-clad state of appearance. He tried not to show just how affected he was by the unabashed appreciation in the male's eyes, but he suspected that his flustered reaction gave him away.