Royal Dinner

I bet the tension and suspense is breaking you in two. I bet you can't wait to read the next chapter, can you? Well, you're in luck, because there's more of this story to binge!

If you'd like to read further, consider joining my Patreon/Ko-fi for exclusive NSFW short stories, side stories and NSFW art, as well as being the first to access the latest chapters, in addition to access to all my other stories! 

And if you like gay mature romances, give my story The Prison a try!

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/feastofnoise

Ko-fi: https://ko-fi.com/feastofnoise

Royal Dinner

It was a grand affair, nothing like the casual dinners he had with his mother, and much more extravagant than the occasional embassy parties he went to. We followed King Trigon into his chambers. The sound of heavy boot footfalls and clinking armor echoed as we moved. The first thing Kai noticed was the decoration growing more elaborate the farther they walked. Nearly everything was gold-touched, even the walls of the corridors. King Trigon's chambers proved to be just as spacious as Marius's, if not bigger.

Kai suspected they were bigger.

They entered the antechamber.

He lost count of the servants that were milling about King Trigon's antechamber, each designated with a task. Some carried silverware filled with delicacies he'd never seen before, going to place them on the table. Others stood in formation, waiting to serve or be called on. They lined the walls, three servants on each side.

The guards moved to stand watch at the room's corners, relaxed but vigilant.

In the middle of the antechamber sat a table filled with all sorts of foods -all unfamiliar- on gold plates of various shapes and sizes. He was actually surprised to find that it resembled the tables he often saw in period dramas depicting European Royalty. Jewel-encrusted cutlery and glass flutes rested atop a cream-colored cloth that was the length of the table. Actual candelabras were strategically placed across the two-meter long rectangular table instead of bioluminescent jellyfish.

Kai saw the first painting hanging on the wall since he'd arrived here. It was hung behind the chair where he assumed King Trigon would sit.

The table only had two chairs, and only two sets of plates and cutlery.

"Bring a chair." Marius ordered.

A chair was produced out of nowhere and placed on the right side of the armchair on the left side of the table. The chair was armless.

The servants moved in unison. They pulled the kings' chairs as they went to sit. Once both were seated, a servant came to pull Kai's chair for him to sit in. He dropped into it like a log.

A servant put plates and cutlery in front of him.

"Tell me of him." King Trigon said while looking at Marius.

"I will tell you nothing." Marius's eyes narrowed the slightest bit. Kai noticed the tightening of Marius's jaw only because he was sitting so close to him, their feet occasionally pumping.

He'd never seen Marius wary before. He'd seen him smug, arrogant and downright insulting, but never wary.

He wanted to make Marius wary of him. He wanted to be acknowledged by him. He wanted to be respect-

Kai quickly stifled that last thought. What did he need Marius's respect for? It wasn't like he respected Marius.

"Oh, come now, grandson. You must! We've both dreamt about finding the host for years. I must admit to you that I was beginning to lose hope. Of course, I never doubted you, but I'm not as young as I used to be."