Eight

The next night, Hailey walked with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Malfoy as Hagrid was in charge of their detention. She didn't hear a word that Filch said. Hailey heard something about Norbert made her stop and look at him. Harry grabbed her hand. "Come on." He tells her.

Hailey nodded as she followed Harry over to a crying Hagrid. She looked at her sister who was upset with the way Filch spoke about Norbert. The other Granger looked out towards the woods when as Hagrid told them that Norbert was gone. To be honest, that was a good place just like Hermione said.

"Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all.
Got to have your wits about you." Filch said before he left.

Hailey looked at Harry as she did not like the sound of going into the forest. Hagrid stood up and they walked to the dark forest as she grabbed Harry's hand not liking this at all.
~~~
In the forest, the group walked along the path. Hailey was taking in her surroundings. She saw Hagrid touch the puddle of silver they had just walked up to. "What is that?" Hailey asked.

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something." Hagrid tells her.

Harry grabbed Hailey as he saw a hooded figure making her see it too. He grabbed her hand as she was going with him, Malfoy and Fang. Once they split up, Hailey kept her hand in Harry's as she had a bad feeling about this forest. She heard Malfoy complaining and looked at Harry. "Does he always have to tell daddy everything?"

"I think so." Harry says as Fang started to whimper. "What is it, Fang?"

Hailey gasped as she saw why. "That's why."

The boys looked and Malfoy ran off screaming with Fang behind him. Hailey and Harry shared a look as the figure started to make its way to them. They two heard hoof beats and a figure got in front of them as Harry wrapped his arms around Hailey.

Hailey saw the hooded figure leave and sigh. "Harry Potter, you and your friend must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you."

"But what was that thing you saved us from?" Harry asked.

"A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life."

"But who would choose such a life?" Harry asked.

"Can you think of no one?

Hailey looked at him shocked. "Harry, that thing that is killing unicorns and drinking its blood was Voldemort." She tells him.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?"

"The Philosopher's stone." Harry and Hailey said.

A bark caught their attention and Hailey saw her sister. "Hailey! Harry!" Hailey went over and hugged her sister as tonight, they know more and Voldemort is back.