Part 3: The Fate of Many

The five warriors walked slowly in the night. The horse and wagon followed slowly behind. The journey was mostly quiet. The occasional cough breaking the silence. The leader of the Black Priors began to enjoy the silence a little less and spoke to the white and bronze warden.

???: "Who are you? I don't know your name"

The Warden was surprised she spoke to him but answered her question with no hesitation.

"I am who I look like. I'm a Warden. My name shouldn't concern you"

The Black Prior was annoyed by his answer and got closer to the warden. By now the whole group was at a complete stop.

???: "How will I be able to help you or ask for help on the battlefield if I don't know your name?"

The Warden stayed silent for a few seconds before sighing in defeat. The woman grinned and listened for his answer.

"I am Jürgen . Son of Anne and Hans Müller. Does this answer suffice?"

(Jürgen. YAH-RGeh-N)

The woman knew this was the best answer she would get and nodded.

???: "Keep moving!"

The group gathered themselves and pushed through the night to the Blackstone fortress. No one spoke again for the rest of the walk.

***

Though the fortress wasn't far the group made a camp and places to sleep. The five sat around the newly made fire for warmth.

Black Prior 1: "The amount of white you're wearing is making me sick"

"What?"

Black Prior 2: "He's right you look absolutely disgusting"

"I hate you all"

Black Prior 2: "And we hate you. looks like we have something in common"

More silence followed. The leader looked to Jürgen and asked a question.

???: "Why do you hate us Jürgen?"

"You call yourselves knights. But you are the complete opposite of what makes a Knight"

???: "Well enlighten us on what makes a Knight"

"Being brave. Defending the young and weak. Especially women who cannot defend themselves. Also being generous and being willing to help others in need. The basics of chivalry really"

Black Prior 1: "Sounds gross"

"But like I said. You are not knights. You are monsters"

In the distance, on top of a hill, stood a black figure. She stood observing the group of five. Her attention was caught by the Warden who obviously didn't belong with them.

"Why is a Warden like you affiliating yourself with Black Priors?"

The woman's horse stood at her side and ate the fallen leaves and dying grass off the ground. The figure mounted their horse and pulled the reins back to lift the horses head upward.