Part 8: Darkness Falls

This chapter my a little upsetting to some readers. Innocent people will die. You have been warned to turn back now... are you gone yet? Well if not then you have chosen to not get tilted by something I warned you about. Now enjoy the chapter.
—————————

[???]

Apollyon left to find Mercy. She found her and the rest of the scouts in the courtyard. Soldiers surrounded the group of scouts. They looked bloody and worn out.

Apollyon: "Mercy? What happened?"

Mercy: "A dozen soldiers ambushed us. It was near a village not that far from here. Maybe the village Jürgen came from"

Apollyon: "Just rest right now. I'll send a few troops to check out the area"

Apollyon left the courtyard and smirked from behind her helmet. This could be her chance. Her chance to see what HER son was made of.

She came back to the war room and saw Jürgen and Holden had left. Erzebet was sitting near the war table sharpening her blade.

Apollyon: "I have a task for you Erzebet"

Erzebet looked up from her sword.

Apollyon: "Mercy and her scouts were ambushed near a village not to far from here. The village nearby could be the one Jürgen was protecting"

Erzebet: "So you want us to attack it?"

Apollyon nodded.

Erzebet: "How many troops will I get?"

Apollyon: "The village is quite large. So I'll send the right amount"

Erzebet: "Okay then. I'll choose my second the-"

Apollyon stopped Erzebet before she could finish.

Apollyon: "No. I will choose your second. I already have someone in mind anyways"

Erzebet: "Really? Who?"

Apollyon: "Jürgen"

Erzebet smiled and began to laugh. She continued to laugh until she noticed Apollyon's seriousness.

Erzebet: "Wait. You're serious? Jürgen? Are you kidding?"

Apollyon: "Is there a problem?"

Erzebet: "Listen I know he can fight but the whole chivalry stick is so far up his ass it's going to be hard getting him down from the sky"

Apollyon: "It's quite easy to flip him from his righteous side"

Erzebet looked at Apollyon with interest.

Erzebet: "How so?"

Apollyon turned her head to Erzebet and spoke.

Apollyon: "Just mention Vikings. That will pretty much cover it"

Erzebet: "Are you sure he should come along? Maybe I should bring someone else"

Apollyon: "My decision is final. Jürgen will go with you to the village. When you get to the village I want you to burn it down. Nothing from it remains"

Erzebet: "There will be plenty of innocent people in the village. That will be a problem for Jürgen"

Apollyon: "I know. I've been thinking and I think I know what you should tell him. Tell him that the village was taken over by the Vikings. Once you say that the monster will be out of the box"

Erzebet: "Monster?"

Apollyon: "You'll see if he does what I think he'll do. Also, take that sword and give it to Jürgen. If he's anything like his father then it'll do something... different... than any other sword"